Can breast implants be removed after only 3 months? (photos)

3 months ago, I had 200cc saline implants under the muscle. i hate them - I'm just not comfortable with the implants - they don't sit right with my personality, no matter how small! I now want to have my implants removed. I'm wondering if explantation surgery into immediate fat transfer to help solfen the skin and fill the natural breasts is enough to make it pretty. I'm 5'3, athletic and about 110. Would love some strong feedback on this operation.

Considering explantation

Best option is to obtain an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. They can examine your breasts and determine how much your breast tissue and scarring has matured since your surgery. They can then discuss treatment options with you such as breast explanation as well as the role of fat injections.

Can breast implants be removed after only 3 months?

Thankyou for your question and photos.  One can have implants removed.  It could take a few months for the breasts to "normalize" after removal of implants.  After this has occurred then one can reassess if other procedures can achieve the goals one has.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal first

You are probably better off having the implants removed first, then waiting several months before having fat injected into the breasts.

Implant replacement

Removing the implants and doing immediate fat transfer is not a bad option, specially with smaller size implants.  The fat transfer procedure may need to be repeated a year later due to atrophy of grafted fat.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Yes, breast implants can certainly be removed at this point; based on your photographs you have had breast lifting done in the past and additional breast  lifting may be helpful after removal of the breast implants.  
The difficult question for online consultants to answer is whether you will be pleased with the results after breast implant removal surgery; in other words, whether or not you will find that the breasts are "pretty" after breast implant removal surgery. Your plastic surgeon may be able to show you photographs of what you can expect after breast implant removal surgery. Working together you will come up with the best plan. You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

You will almost certainly settle nicely without needing to do anything further

if you decide to have your implants removed, you will probably go back to your pre-op state within afew months, without needing to do anything. i certainly would not rush into fat grafting etc.btw it is much easier procedure to remove them and you should have virtually no pain after the surgery. 
good luckdavid berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Removal

Since your implants have only been in for 3 months, it is doubtful you will need any fat or reconstruction.  Your breast should return to their pre-implant look.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD