Boyfriend threw a sock at my face 6 days after rhinoplasty?

It wasn't super hard but it hurt a little. I've also bumped the nostrils up and toward the top of the nose on accident while sleepy, and am worried this will effect the shape of my nose. I've also accidentally slightly tapped the front. My surgeon did a closed operation and I have no stitches, and it feels mostly healed but I'm worried I messed something up cause I don't feel any tightness when I yawn or smile like I did before.

Rhinoplasty

It is unlikely that a sock caused a problem with your  nose,. If at all concerned, then see your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty after care

Hi.  From what you have described, it is unlikely that you have damaged anything.  I would, however, recommend that you followup with your plastic surgeon so that they may evaluate you and can give you better advise based on an in-person evaluation.  Good luck and take care, Dr. Howell

Rhinoplasty

It is unlikely that any of these instances caused any damage to your nose but the best thing you can do is have your surgeon examine the area to make sure everything is healing nicely. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Trauma after rhinoplasty

It is highly unlikely that there was any damage done. That being said, as things feel differently, it is best to contact your surgeon as they know what maneuvers were performed during the surgery and if anything could have happened secondary to the trauma that may cause you to feel things differently.  It's always better to be safe than sorry, specially so soon after surgery! Best of luck.  

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sock Hit Face After Rhinoplasty

It's unlikely that you caused any damage, but it's best to contact your surgeon to discuss the issue, and see if they want to evaluate you in person.

Dr. Michael Epstein

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL