My bottom lip is significantly larger then my left bottom lip. How can I fix this?

My bottom right lip is significantly smaller than my left side it is very noticeable even when my mouth is closed it is slightly new just a few years ago I had a lip piercing on my right side and I'm not sure if it had something to do with the growth probably so because prior to the piercing my lips were beautiful. What procedures might be correct to fix my problem

My right lower lip is larger than my left lower lip

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that your piercing resulted in the development of scar tissue to your right lower lip causing the volume asymmetry.  I would recommend a procedure to reduce the scar tissue to achieve a more uniform and soft lip appearance. I hope this helps.

Scar tissue

You probably developed scar tissue after the piercing. Sometimes a small reduction is beneficial....

Asymmetric lips

It sounds like you may have some scar tissue causing your asymmetry.   This could probably be reduced in the clinic under local anesthesia.  

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Lips

I appreciate your concern. Your best option is a conservative lip reduction reducing the larger side. The surgery can be done in the office under local anesthesia. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about the subject, it may be helpful. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD