After massive weight loss - possible to do the upper body lift before doing the lower body lift?

I usually see people doing the lower , stomach, thighs, butt first and then upper back, breast second. I had gastric bypass in 2010 at 18 years old. I lost over 300 pounds. I am looking into reconstructive surgeries now. I am really not pleased with the way that most people's bodies look after total body lifts. They seem shapeless, barrelled, lumpy at the thighs, and have uneven breast augmentations. Why does it seem to be the industry standard to go from the bottom up?

The upper body lifts can be performed before the lower body lifts.  Many patients will have lower body issues, but fewer will have upper body issues.

Body lift.

Congratulations of your 300 pounds weight loss. That's really impressive! In most cases, I prefer to start with a lower body lift because it removes the most skin and leads to reshaping of the body that is pretty powerful. The central body is usually done first because it sets the stage for the other parts to come together and be proportionate and uniform. I can also start with an upper body lift in some cases, but it depends on the specifics of the situation. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Body Contouring after weight loss

The short answer to your question is yes - you can definitely opt for a upper body lift.   An upper body/trunk lift usually includes the arm lift, side/trunk lift (excess skin under arm) and breast lift with possible augmentation. The lower body lift procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift.  I often perform buttock auto-augmentation at the time of a body lift.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has extensive experience in body contouring after weight loss to learn more about your options.  The terminology can get confusing.  Its best to ask your PS exactly what will be treated in the recommended procedure(s) for clarity

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Is Upper Body Lift Okay to Have Before Lower Body Lift? #lowerbodylift

• We decide whether to first perform an upper body lift vs. a lower body lift based solely upon our patients' desires. 
  • I've certainly had a number of patients who have chosen to have their arms/chest operated on first.  This is perfectly acceptable. 
  • Best of luck to you!

Lower body massive weight loss

Thank you for your question.   What we do in the office is to ask the patient what part of the body is the most batter by and that is the area that we start   I don’t believe that it has any significance in what of your body   you start  but rather doing with safety with somebody who has experience in  treating patients after weigh loss