Sharp cramps in abdominal area, 2.5 years after tummy tuck. I literal have to lay on my back and apply pressure to ease pain

I had a tummy tuck just about 2.5 yrs ago, when exercising ( core) , there's a hard knot, sharp lingering pain that travels throughout my stomach.I have to apply pressure on it in order to ease the pain, I also have to Lay on my back and take short breaths in order to ease the pain. I am 46 and very active, please offer advise.

Abdominal pain years after tummy tuck

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam it is hard to advise.  If you work your core out aggressively you can get different types of muscle injuries or hernia that are may not be related to your surgery.  I recommend you see your plastic surgeon and your primary care doctor to be evaluated.  

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Pain after tummy tuck

This is not typical, but it could be a neuroma or a suture issue.  I would certainly suggest seeing your original surgeon.  If that fails I'm happy to see you.  Obviously you need to be seen and worked up/examined.  A neuroma or suture can be resected.  Good luck!

Cain R. Linville, MD