I want a mommy makeover. Will a tummy tuck help my stomach? (Photo)

I am a 25 y/o mother of 1, and I am considering plastic surgery. I would like to receive a mommy makeover, complete with a breast lift (no implants), tummy tuck, and fat grafting (butt aug). I have a large stomach, but I would like to know if a tummy tuck would be able to get my stomach completely flat. Also I am not certain if I want more kids, I have heard of getting a "mini" tummy tuck (w/o muscle tightening) and get a full tummy tuck if I do have more children. Is this recommended?

The Results of a Mommy Makeover May be Compromised If Prior to Pregnancy

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy and information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.   Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  Therefore, if you experience weight gain, pregnancies, or any other drastic body altering changes, it is very possible the results may be compromised.  Hence, it may be best to delay your procedure(s) involving the areas affected by pregancy, weight gain and nursing until after your final pregancy if at all possible or predictable.
Also, your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Will a tummy tuck help my stomach?

Although a full tummy tuck would improve your abdominal contour it would not get your stomach "completely flat". In addition to having some excess fat externally it appears that you also carry a significant amount of excess fat in the intra-abdominal cavity. In order for you to get closer to a completely flat abdomen it would be necessary to lose weight before your procedure. A mini tummy tuck would not be a consideration and you should be reasonably certain that you are not going to have more children before you undergo a tummy tuck.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Will tummy tuck help my stomach?

Hi, gg_pooh.  Thanks for your question and photos.  I think tummy tuck can help with your abdominal contour.  However, it seems like you also have excess intra-abdominal fat.  Try to lose some more weight and have tummy tuck.  Your result will be better when you lose some more weight and reach a stable, goal weight.  
I do not think you will benefit much from mini-tummy tuck.
The result of both the full and mini-tummy tuck may become "un-done" by future pregnancy.  
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Best regards.

Tummy contouring

If you are interested in improving the contour and appearance of your anterior tummy, you will need to consider a full tummy tuck.  A tummy tuck (also called abdominoplasty) is a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure. A tummy tuck takes about 2-2.5 hrs to complete. A tummy tuck can be an effective tool for shaping and sculpting the body for better body appearance and improved self esteem. Sometimes no amount of diet and exercise can create a flat tummy. Tummy tuck plastic surgery actually tightens abdominal muscles and removes excess fat and skin from the stomach area to create a tighter, slimmer, smoother belly. A tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures such as liposuction of your waists or flanks (i.e. love handles) to fine tune your result.

I recommend you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to further explore your options and to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure.
Best wishes!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Will a tummy tuck give me flat abs?

Hi gg-pooh.

Some people will get  "flat" abs, some get a very nice slightly "s" shaped abs (side view), and some larger people may only expect to see a smaller version of themselves, with perhaps an improvement in shape.

Let me be gentle but honest.  You would be best suited to be done with having children.  Second tummy tucks are possible, but difficult technically.

Secondly, your shape, size, and likely BMI are such that you would best be served with weight loss.  I would advise doing this under medical supervision, and exercise should also be part of it.

I gave a link to my site so the various outcomes you may see in larger patients

All the best.

sek

I want a mommy makeover. Will a tummy tuck help my stomach?

A full tummy tuck will get rid of excess skin and some outer fat and will tighten your abdominal muscles but it will not get rid of internal fat around your organs.  This internal fat will need diet and exercise to eliminate it. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Will a tummy tuck help improve my stomach area?

Thanks for your question and photos. You would get a tremendous improvement in your figure by combining a tummy tuck and breast lift. You are a much better candidate for a full tummy tuck, but wait until you're done having children. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck but having more kids

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

• If you plan more children, do not get a tummy tuck with muscle repair now.
  • If your tummy skin is stretched, it can be reduced with a skin-only tummy tuck.
  • Sadly, a tummy tuck cannot give you a flat tummy - you are overweight with lots of internal fat.
  • This fat - around liver and other organs - makes your tummy bulge out.
  • Discuss with your plastic surgeon whether abdominal liposuction and removal of excess skin, using the fat for buttock augmentation - and a breast lift are a reasonable approach for you.
  • Finally - I hate to say this but as a doctor I care about your health - being fat makes people sick and die young. Please please focus on getting your weight down with calorie restriction and increased activity - or if you are a candidate, bariatric surgery. Discuss this with your regular doctor.
  • If you lose weight, you will have much better results from any surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes

Tummy Tuck - Now or After Pregnancies

There are many surgeries that can be performed pre-pragnancy with success and longevity even after pregnancies. I have performed tummy tucks on women who thought they were finished and actually become pregnant later. The results help up incredibly well. But that is not always the case. If a woman hopes to become pregnant in the near future, I suggest she hold off on a tummy tuck until she thinks she is finished with pregnancies. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

A tummy tuck is usually best performed after child bearing is completed. In your case, a full tummy tuck would be necessary; a mini tuck would not suffice. A breast lift and fat injections to the buttock can be done as well. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to explore these options as well as carefully reviewing your weight history in order to obtain the best possible result.