I want a mommy makeover. Will a tummy tuck help my stomach? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 15
The Results of a Mommy Makeover May be Compromised If Prior to Pregnancy
The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy and information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. Therefore, if you experience weight gain, pregnancies, or any other drastic body altering changes, it is very possible the results may be compromised. Hence, it may be best to delay your procedure(s) involving the areas affected by pregancy, weight gain and nursing until after your final pregancy if at all possible or predictable.
Also, your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. For instance, a plastic surgeon who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery is suitable to perform your #BreastAugmentation. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.
Will a tummy tuck help my stomach?
Will tummy tuck help my stomach?
I do not think you will benefit much from mini-tummy tuck.
The result of both the full and mini-tummy tuck may become "un-done" by future pregnancy.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon.
You might also like...
I recommend you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to further explore your options and to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure.
Will a tummy tuck give me flat abs?
Some people will get "flat" abs, some get a very nice slightly "s" shaped abs (side view), and some larger people may only expect to see a smaller version of themselves, with perhaps an improvement in shape.
Let me be gentle but honest. You would be best suited to be done with having children. Second tummy tucks are possible, but difficult technically.
Secondly, your shape, size, and likely BMI are such that you would best be served with weight loss. I would advise doing this under medical supervision, and exercise should also be part of it.
I gave a link to my site so the various outcomes you may see in larger patients
All the best.
I want a mommy makeover. Will a tummy tuck help my stomach?
Will a tummy tuck help improve my stomach area?
Tummy tuck but having more kids
- If you plan more children, do not get a tummy tuck with muscle repair now.
- If your tummy skin is stretched, it can be reduced with a skin-only tummy tuck.
- Sadly, a tummy tuck cannot give you a flat tummy - you are overweight with lots of internal fat.
- This fat - around liver and other organs - makes your tummy bulge out.
- Discuss with your plastic surgeon whether abdominal liposuction and removal of excess skin, using the fat for buttock augmentation - and a breast lift are a reasonable approach for you.
- Finally - I hate to say this but as a doctor I care about your health - being fat makes people sick and die young. Please please focus on getting your weight down with calorie restriction and increased activity - or if you are a candidate, bariatric surgery. Discuss this with your regular doctor.
- If you lose weight, you will have much better results from any surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes