What type of treatment would be best for my Acne Scarring? (photos)

I have scarred pores on my nose, from blackheads. One prominent one at the tip of my nose, and other ones surrounding it. I also have scarred pores, or ice-pick scares on my cheeks. I'm not quite sure which type of scarring I have though. Would TCA Cross, or maybe Fractional CO2 Laser treatments provide me with any positive results? I am desperate for improvements.

Doctor Answers 2

Acne Scarring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are many different modalities that we have used to treat acne scarring.  I have used fractional nonablative laser (Palomar ICON 1540 with XD and XF) which works very well, Picosure Focus Lens which has a very low downtime, Infini and Fractional CO2 laser.

I choose the treatment modality based on the patient's skin coloration, their level of downtime that they can accept and go from there.  With the nonablative treatments (1540, Picosure Focus), I typically will do 4-6 treatments.  With Infini, I typically do 2-4 treatments and with Fractional CO2, I do anywhere from 1-3 treatments.  Subscision prior to lasering also helps to augment the clinical response.

Acne Scars on Face -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), TCA Cross, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing, Surg

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Acne scars usually need a combination of treatments, including lasers and microneedling. Lasers will also retexture and smooth your skin. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.