Best solution for very little loose skin?

I am 5'3" and 108lbs. I have had 2 children without c-section. My stomach looks completely tone standing up, aside from stretch marks. However, when I bend over or slouch the skin under my belly button hangs, and appears very thin and wrinkly. What would be my best solution to get rid of my loose skin?

Loose skin in abdomen

You may be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck or full abdominoplasty but without pictures it is hard to guess. There are other non invasive treatments as well.

Thank you for your question. From the information provided you appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. There are various types of abdominoplasty procedures for patients to choose from, each one is designed to treat a specific set of needs. In consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon, the choice of procedure will be made based on your anatomic features and desired outcome. While all tummy tucks have in common that they tighten the abdominal skin, there are two key differences between the various procedures. The incision lengths vary depending on the amount of skin to be excised, and the abdominal muscles may be tightened if they have excess laxity.
For you Mini Tummy Tuck would be a good option. This uses a relatively short incision in the same area of your C-section. Since you don't need much skin resection, you could avoid the incision around the belly button. Most importantly, this would give access to the abdominal wall so that a good muscle repair (placation) can be performed.
In addition to removing loose skin, localized fat deposits can also be removed during your tummy tuck. It is recommended, however, that you be as close as possible to your goal weight before having the procedure. If your concerns extend beyond the tummy, we can safely combine liposuction with tummy tucks for more dramatic results. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Loose skin

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like you would be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck, however, most of my patient's who have had children have a full tummy tuck to tighten up the abdominal muscles.   I can't say for sure since there are no photo's.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  Good luck. 

Chad Robbins, MD

You may be an ideal candidate for a mini tummy tuck.

It is very common for women to develop some extra, loose skin after multiple pregnancies. There are a number of options for the treatment of this ranging from a  standard tummy tuck in advanced cases to using Exilis in very mild cases. The amount of skin stretch and the amount of muscle stretch as well the amount of any excess fat will determine which of the options are the best for you. This can best be determined with an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. For the best results seek the consultation of a plastic
surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website
listing all the certified plastic surgeons. Members of the American Society of
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery will all be board certified in plastic surgery and
have demonstrated an interest and special skill in cosmetic plastic surgery as

For more information about the non-surgical option of Exilis please see the web link below.

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS

Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck

Abdominoplasty is the ultimate body-contouring option, allows the plastic surgeon to remove the sagging skin/stretch marks, excess fat, tighten up the abdominal muscles and like in my practice use liposuction to define even more the waist line and hips.
All your descriptions are very common after having children, you may be in an ideal body weight and shape but that extra, loose skin will stay the same unless you remove it with surgery.
Hope this answer your question and help you with your desicion

Best solution for loose skin of the abdomen

Procedures for the abdomen can vary dramatically depending upon the amount and location of the loose skin.  It is obvious that you have lost some of the elasticity of your abdominal skin with your pregnancies.  For patients that only have a small amount of excess skin that is located below the belly button, a mini tummy tuck with a low short scar may be ideal.  In addition, if you have any separation of the muscles in this area, this can be repaired at the same time.  Regardless I would recommend a full consultation for further evaluation.

Paul B. Mills, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

There is the potential of a mini tummy tuck for those with a diastasis after two pregnancies and just a little lower abdominal laxity. We can't tell if this is right for you, but is something you might consider when considering a consultation.

Thank you for your question.  Without a full series of photographs or an in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice but it sounds as if you would benefit from a skin excision procedure such as a tummy tuck.  If you only have muscle laxity or skin excess below the level of your belly button you may be a candidate for a mini-tummy tuck in comparison to a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to have the best treatment recommendation made.  Hope this helps.

Perfect for mini tummy tuck

It sounds like a mini tummy tuck might be perfect.  It is for people with extra skin concentrated below the belly button.  The recovery is minimal.  The belly button will have no scars.  The cost may be less.  Speak to your surgeon about that to get their opinion. Most people are not ideal candidates for this surgery as they have extra skin above the belly button that needs to be addressed.  You may be one of the lucky few.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Assistant Clinical Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training,
McMaster University

Performing plastic surgery in Oakville, Mississauga, Georgetown, Milton, Burlington, Toronto and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC