I need a doctor who will take my insurance for reconstructive surgery on my ruptured breast? I have saline now, my second set.

I had no breast tissue. at 16 had silicone implants leaked for years removed and replaced 14 years ago a year ago one ruptured. My insurance approved the ruptured one and wanted doctor to submit replacement of other one. He would not. Cigna says they will approve both but need it submitted as my case is a birth defect. Insurance is how the other two sets were paid. I need a doctor in my area to help me out with this. as the flat one now has a knot in it.

Doctor Answers 2

Implant replacement

Cigna will have a list of providers for you, you just need to contact them. However, I would be extremely surprised if this is not considered cosmetic in nature. Best of luck.

Louisville Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

Do Medicaid Pay To Have Fat Taking Away From Your Stomach and Thins?

The "knot" in the deflated breast is the wadded up shell of the deflated implant. Your insurance company will have a listed panel of doctors who they work with so best to go online to their website for a surgeon near you. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD
Portland Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.