I have a very hard stomach after doing a LipoLaser 3 months ago - is it normal? (Photo)

I am a 47 years old female and I am suffering the hardness of my stomach after Lipo laser 3 months ago. I used to wear garment for one month after lipo laser, My question is do you think tummy tuck could solve my problem and do you think what can I do to get rid of this hardness on my stomach ? Do you think with tummy tuck my body is going to look any better?

Severe hardness and irregularity after liposuction

Severe hardness and irregularity after liposuction is usually due to previous scarring or overly aggressive techniques.  Some of the hardness may improve since this has only been 3 months post-op.  Lymphatic massage, injectable steroid preparations, and time can all improve the hardness.  A tummy tuck may be able to remove some of the laxity of the lower abdomen; however, this should not even be considered for several months.   I would recommend returning to your physician to discuss results and seeking a second opinion in person to discuss options.  Best of luck.

New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Unfortunately you were not a good candidate for liposuction alone.  You really need both liposuction and skin removal for an optimal outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Vaser Lipo with Fat Transfer--Tummy Tuck

To better answer your question, it looks as though laser liposuction only caused problematic results. The hardness you are experiencing in your abdomen is scar tissue built up from the liposuction itself. You can improve this by the break down of scar tissue with lymphatic massage in this area. I suggest a consultation with an experienced cosmetic surgeon who specializes in revision liposuction using VASER liposuction with fat transfer for total definition. In addition the laxity in your skin provided by your photos in my opinion would need a tummy tuck to tighten the area of loose skin to show off the full contour of the body contouring. Please seek an experienced revision specialist. Best, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician