How can I have this scar on my right cheek be less noticeable and, if possible, make my cheek look normal? (photos)

I had a cyst on my right cheek and had it removed surgically. When the stitches were removed my cheek looked like this.

Scar Management

Hi there,

If you recently had the cyst removed, then the best option is to wait a few months for your surgical scar maturation. This allows for an improved approach towards the revision of the scar, which in return, will result in a better outcome. 

If the scar has already settled, then the indented areas can be filled with the use of dermal fillers, or skin resurfacing treatments could be an option too, as they can help smooth out the scar and surrounding area.

Schedule an appointment with a board certified cosmetic plastic surgeon or a dermatologist to help improve the unwanted contours.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar Solutions with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers

This can be improved with a combination approach of lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

How can I have this scar on my right cheek be less noticeable and, if possible, make my cheek look normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Based on the appearance of your scar, and your desired appearance, you would most likely benefit from a revision procedure to remove the area of indentation and resuture the skin to better approximate the edges. It will lead to a longer, but linear scar that should look better under different lighting conditions.  If surgery is not an interest, you may be able to use a dermal filler to improve the appearance.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  

Scar on cheek

If the surgery was very recent you need to allow time for the scars to settle.  They will often improve and the contour smooth out with time.  If the surgery was done some time ago it is possible that scar revision could help improve the contour.  You will need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Alastair J. Platt, FRCS (plast)
Hull Plastic Surgeon