Replacement of 30 year old saline implants, no lift needed, what's cost in the Savannah are and what does it entail? (photo)

I had saline implants done 30 yrs ago & have been happy w/the natural look. I can now feel bubbles & pockets and my GYN doctor says tgey shoukd be replaced. How expensive is this in the Savannah, Ga area and will Tricare cover part of the surgery if my GYN doc thinks it's necessary?

Do I need to replace my's 30-year-old saline implants?

If your saline implants are soft, not encapsulated, and giving you no trouble, replacement is actually not indicated. However, if you have "bubbles" will these are probably wrinkles in the implants, and they will usually deflate eventually. A thorough examination by a board certified plastic surgeon will determine if you in fact need replacement, and if you need an additional procedure such as an uplift (mastopexy) at the same time. If your nipples are below your inframammary creases, you probably do need an uplift for your breasts to look their best. Regarding the price, a simple removal of your saline implants and replacement with silicone Memory-gel implants would cost about as much as a standard augmentation mammoplasty. However, if scar tissue needs to be removed or if you need an uplift the price would increase according to the increase in time to do the procedure. Thank you for your question and photographs. I wish you the best of luck

Implant replacement

Generally implants do not have to be removed unless they are leaking or causing problems. My experience is that insurance may pay to have ruptured implants removed.  You  would benefit from having an evaluation by a board-certified plastic surgeon.

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Board certified plastic surgeon

Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Silicone implants may have some insurance coverage for removal not saline in my experience. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon