Is the fat/folds on my stomach excess skin? If I get lipo, will it result in my skin being loose and saggy? (Photo)

I am 23 fairly skinny all around but i have fat on my stomach. I am considering lipo but i don't know if these folds mean i have excess skin. if i get lipo will i end up with excess skin folds? i don't know if these are just sit lines or just loose skin? i really want to lipo out my fat but really don't want the excess skin look. Also the blur spots are just me editing off tattoos.

I fat/folds on my stock excess skin?

Hi Amanda:

Females your age tend to collect fat in two areas. That is the upper abdomen which tends to be soft and in the lowest part of the abdomen which is firmer. Any surgeon would be able easily correct the lower aspect by any technique used. However, to get even distribution of fat and skin tightening in the upper abdomen requires an additional technique. This would employ ultrasound assisted liposuction, referred to as VASER liposelection. If you want sculpting of abdominal muscle definition this tool can give impressive 3-dimensional results as well, which you would appear tone a good candidate for. Select your surgeon carefully as only VASER certified surgeons are the ones that can provide this procedure.

Dr K Dolynchuk 

Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

Saggy skin after Lipo?

Hello Amanda. It seems that you would have a very good results with liposuction. You have small pockets of localised fat and you are only 23 years old. This means that your skin is young and still has the ability to shrink after the procedure. Your are probably an ideal patient for liposuction.

Best of luck on your procedure!

Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

Lipo and skin

First you would have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated. Loose skin may occur after surgery.  

Is the fat/folds on my stomach excess skin? If I get lipo, will it result in my skin being loose and saggy?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Based on your age and supplied pictures it appears that you have excellent skin quality to have a nice result with careful liposuction of your tissues. I would not anticipate that you would be left with loose, sagging skin.  Hope this helps.

Liposuction

Based solely on your photos you are a good candidate for liposuction and will likely do well. You may still have the life bed that you see but the fat that you pinch will be less and your contour will be improved. Good luck. 

Atul Kesarwani, MD, FRCSC

For Best Results, Go With VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, ultrasound

You look like you would be a good candidate for liposuction. I use VASER HI DEF with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting to get the most fat removal, contouring, definition and skin tightening. I suggest a consult with a hi-def physique liposuction expert.  If this skin is loose even if you are skinny it will need to be removed. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction and Loose Skin

The lines in your skin represent areas where fibrous bands attach your skin to the underlying muscle fascia.  They will remain after liposuction, but the skin in between appears to be good quality and should shrink following liposuction.  At consultation, your surgeon can confirm whether you are a good candidate for surgery.

Michael Kreidstein, MD

Loose skin after abdominal liposuction.

Hello, it is difficult to predict your potential result based on a photo.  I don't see stretch marks or an overhanging fold of skin on the abdomen which would be more concerning for an unsatisfactory result after liposuction.  However, you would still require a proper assessment to discuss the procedure, risks and outcomes.

Liposuction

Thank you for this question and pictures, looks like you can have a great result with liposuction of all areas for an hour glass shape,consult with a board certified PS, best of luck!

#ASPS #plasticsurgery #liposuction

Hello Amandak, thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.   Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon