How can I make my vagina tight again?

I'm 19 years old and I started having sex at the age of 17. However, I had sex and loved it so much I was having it with many different partners. Now that I'm in a relationship, every time I have sex with my boyfriend I don't feel tight anymore. He told me his ex was super tight and it makes me feel so insecure. By the way, I'm also pregnant and due in a couple months so I'm even more worried that I'll never have a right vagina again. Any suggestions?

What do I do about a loose vagina? I am pregnant. Will I be the same again.

I am sorry you are having difficulties.  Pregnancy is a difficult time for all women.  There are a lot of changes to your body as the result of having a baby.  The vaginal laxity that you are asking about is something that surgeons can help you with.  But right now I would focus on the pregnancy and the birth.   You may want to talk to your obstetrician about how big your baby is going to be.  An ultrasound close to your due date will help determine this.  If the baby is big your obstetrician may be willing to do a c section.  A vaginal birth loosens the vagina a lot more than just sexual activity.  Its safer for you to have the baby vaginally however so this is a healthier option when possible.  If you are planning to have your vagina tightened I would wait until the baby is six months old.  I think its likely that your focus will change once you have a baby.  The ideal time to get vaginal tightening surgery is when you are done having children.  As a young woman and a mother to be you will have a lot on your plate. 

Laser vaginal rejuvenation

Thank you for your time. I am happy to answer your questions. You are a prime candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation for the enhancement of sexual gratification. Laser vaginal rejuvenation will effectively enhance vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control. It will also effectively decrease the internal and external vaginal diameters as well as build up the perineal body. Sexual gratification for the female is directly related to the amount of frictional forces generated according to Masters and Johnson. We can accomplish this with Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation.

I recommend firstly a consultation in order for you to receive detailed information plus a personalized procedure quote.  The fees depend on the extent of the procedure.

Best regards,

David Matlock, MD, MBA, FACOG

Vaginal rejuvenation options

Since you are currently pregnant there is nothing you can do at this time. You need to then wait at least 6 months after giving birth to undergo any sort of vaginal rejuvenation procedure. I recommend you consult in person with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience with vaginal rejuvenation procedures. Since you are so young, I want to make sure you are evaluated by someone with expertise in this area to make sure you get the correct procedure, if it is in fact necessary. Best of luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Vaginal looseness and pregnant...

You should focus on completing your pregnancy and delivering your child... then focus on being the best mom you can and work on getting back to your pre-pregnancy weight.  In the meantime, you can work with kegel exercises and once your body had recovered from this, see if you still feel the same about your vagina.  If you feel its still looser than desired, talk to your obstetrician for referrals to someone who can evaluate you.  If you are pretty snug with fingers/toys/etc, and your bf is still saying you're loose, time to woman up and get rid of him.  You don't need someone criticizing you during intimacy and can do better and find someone more appreciative of what you have to offer.

Curtis Wong, MD

Vaginal tightening..!

Why do I love RealSelf? Partially because I get to see what answers my good friends John Miklos, Marco Pelosi, Oscar Aguirre and others have to give when confronted by y'all's interesting questions.

I have read all of their unique and equally applicable answers to your question, and agree with all of their perceptive comments. That said, WHAT SHOULD YOU DO? What would be BEST for YOUR situation. FemiLift or ThermiVa? Pelvic floor exercises? Surgical vaginal/pelvic floor repair consisting of perineoplasty + vaginoplasty? Combinations of the above?? Or getting a new partner with a bigger penis? All compelling options.

FOR YOU,  I would truly suggest: After you have delivered your hopefully healthy, cute, smart and not-too-OMG! huge- baby, AND if your situation is still a "bother," seek out the most qualified COSMETIC GYNECOLOGIST (a Gyn who is a super-specialist in pelvic floor tightening procedures) in your area (S.F. Bay area & up to Sacramento) and go in for a consultation. WHOM TO SEE? Look for a doc who is a Gyn or UroGyn and had received specialized training in vaginal tightening; who can both do surgery and administer "non-invasive " laser or radiofrequency procedures. LOOK FOR EXPERIENCE and don't be afraid to "travel" a ways. The "best & most experienced" might NOT be your local Ob/Gyn who is fine at delivering babies, but not the most experienced at tightening procedures...

Vaginal rejuvenation and pregnancy

I am sorry to hear of your situation.  I will tell you that surgery or laser or radio frequency  is not to be performed during pregnancy.  After delivery I would encourage you to engage in any type of repair i.e. surgery or laser/radiofrequency for at least 12 weeks after birth.

john R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubia

I'm 19 years old, seven months pregnant, with vaginal looseness - What are my options?

Hello Sofia,

There are many changes that occur with your body AND vagina during pregnancy. This is not the time for you to do anything about your looseness concerns. Concentrate on having a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Once you are healed from your delivery ask your Ob/Gyn for treatment options to help you with looseness if you still experience it. You will likely be told to do Kegel exercises, but this will only improve things a bit and not make you feel super tight.

There are pelvic floor home devices such as PeriCoach and those made by InTone. Another excellent option is Laser Vaginal Resurfacing with FemiLift. I have treated many patients that want improved sexual function but want more kids and/or want to avoid surgery. Look at the Review on my profile page written by BusyMommyAlways to see how this changed her life! I just saw her yesterday for follow-up and she remains very happy.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

So, a guy gets you pregnant and now he starts whining that your vagina isn't as tight as his ex girlfriend?

What to do? Get rid of the loser. He's not going to stick around and you don't really want to waste your time with someone who tries to control you by putting you down.

Vaginal looseness

The vagina does enlarge and loosen during a pregnancy normally. Best to do kegel's as much as possible now , have the baby, wait 6 months to heal, then reassess the situation. There are many options available for you then.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN