Is a recovery home recommended?

I am going to have my BBL in Miami (traveling from CA) next year and i am saving up for that right now but i've look at the a couple recovery homes and they seem kinda expensive. My question is do i really need to stay at a recovery home or could i just stay at a hotel? Is it really that difficult to do stuff on your own after a BBL?

Recovery home

My first recommendation is to not travel for cosmetic surgery. If your mind is set and you feel like Miami is the place to go. Then your plastic surgeon should be setting all the arrangements up for you. I'm guessing if you're going to Miami are going to one of the hot bed high-volume Brazilian clinics there. They will certainly be used to out-of-town customers. No one should be recovering alone in a hotel room after this procedure so some type of recovery support is definitely needed. Common post operative concerns include pain control, intractable nausea and vomiting from anesthesia, potential side effects including serious side effects to lidocaine. The first 24 hours are usually the worst but I would plan on more recovery time rather than less. Traveling after this procedure is also challenging. I'm sure the plastic surgeon who's doing your procedure would be happy to set all this up for you or at least they certainly should be. Best of luck, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Recovery after a BBL

It is best to have someone to accompany you when having procedures out of town.  You will need someone to make sure you are taking your medication on time and need someone to assist you for at least the first 24 hours after general anesthesia.  If you  will be taking pain medication you will not be able to operate a vehicle and may need assistance with  going to the washroom or if you do not feel well after the procedure you may need someone to take you to and from your appointments.

Is a recovery home recommended?

Thank you for the question.The most important thing is the preferences of your surgeon. I would contact them for their exact recommendations. They are most familiar with your medical history and the operation that they are planning to perform.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon