What procedures do I need, and can I get an estimated cost? (Photo)

My nose is very crooked, I want it to be straight. I have gotten infections and difficulty breathing but nothing too serious(I doubt insurance would cover it). I want to get rid of the bump and the drooping tip. There is also a crease between my nostrils and I would like that to be smooth. I think my face shape itself also lacks symmetry and I'd be willing to get that done too. If you can give me cost estimates can they be seperate for each problem? Thank you so much for your time either way.

What procedures do I need, and can I get an estimated cost?

I have reviewed your photos and yes, a rhinoplasty could straighten the "crooked" aspect of your nose, eliminate the "hump", and raise the tip as well as filling in the crease. There are various ways of addressing your facial contour.A rhinoplasty could cost about $7,800 including surgery, anesthesia, and operating room.The costs of "facial contouring" varies depending on the method used and should be discussed at the consultation.

Hi there Kathi, thanks for the question.  A rhinoplasty procedure can address all of your concerns with regards to your nose. Be sure to find a board certified plastic surgeon that has a lot of experience with rhinoplasties as they can be a tricky procedure.  I like to use the Vectra Imaging system to help my patients get an understanding of what can be realistically expected from the procedure.  Also this is a great tool for patients to help me understand what they are looking to accomplish.  Pricing is highly variable by surgeon, location and demand ~ you will get pricing information at your consult.  Good luck!

Dr. Michelle Spring

Rhinoplasty may likely be the most important gift you could give to yourself.  From what I can see, the root of your nose is low, making the hump look larger, and the width of the entire nose will need to be addressed.  The separation between the cartilages can be camouflaged with cartilage as well.  The septum and turbinates should be addressed as required to ensure an adequate airway after the cosmetic procedure.  Seek surgeons with rhinoplasty experience--board certified Plastic or Facial Plastic surgeons who have made rhinoplasty a priority in his or her practice. The Rhinoplasty Society can help you with names of dedicated rhinoplasty surgeons in your location.  Fees will vary depending upon surgeon experience, insurance involvement, type of anesthesia among other factors.

Hi, I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries over the past 30 years.  From the photos, your nose has a dorsal hump, is crooked with an under-rotated wide nasal tip. In addition the chin is weak.  An Open Rhinoplasty would rotate the tip upward, while creating a thin and refined tip shape, reduce the dorsal hump and straighten the nose.  A Septoplasty could be added to remove deviated (crooked) septal elements that are decreasing the nasal airway.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.
 Costs vary base upon the surgeons experience, reputation and location.  
Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty for correction of the crooked nose etc. for a more attractive and feminine face.

Rhinoplasty for correction of the crooked nose etc. for a more attractive and feminine face.  A rhinoplasty can straighten your crooked nose, remove the hump, remove your hanging columella etc. and give you a nose that has a better airway for your breathing as well as a more attractive and Femine nose.  Do not rely on imaging but rather the actual results the surgeon has produced in patients like you. We have patients meet with previous patients while in the office so they are comfortable with their decision and know that the surgeon can produce natural attractive results. 

Dear Kathi23A septorhinopalsty can improve your breathing, straighten your nose and reshape your tip and dorsum. It will also remove the crease in your tip and columella. Look for an experienced and properly trained plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic surgery (or Facial). See more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dear Kathi23, A septorhinoplasty to address the functional and aesthetic concerns of your nose would include fixing the deviated septum, reducing your dorsal hump, straightening your nose, refining the bulbous tip and addressing the tip projection. These  would bring better balance to your facial aesthetics. If you do have breathing issues and it is determined that you have a deviated septum then insurance may cover the functional portion of the procedure.  I tell patients since you are on realself now this is a great place to start your search for a rhinoplasty specialist. Find some expert surgeons and read their reviews if a large portion of their reviews are regarding rhinoplasty surgery then the surgeon likely denotes a large portion of their practice to this speciality. Once you have narrowed down some expert rhinoplasty surgeons then set some consultation appointments. During the consultation digital imaging may be available where the surgeon can show you the proposed result. Then review the surgeons before and after photographs especially noses similar to your own so you can ensure the surgeon provides natural looking rhinoplasty results. In my practice I also show patients before and after photographs as well as the patients imaging photograph to show them how close in proximity these results are. Once you have determined the desired nose then the surgeon will discuss at length the techniques that will be used to attain your desired nose. At this time the surgeon will quote you a fee and this fee may take into consideration whether you will have partial coverage for the functional portion of the surgery. After these steps you should be very informed and you will find a surgeon and office staff that you feel comfortable with and then you can make an informed decision. To see an example of the imaging process for rhinoplasty see the video above and link below of examples of natural looking rhinoplasty results. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Crooked nose

Hi there, Thank you for your photos and question.My recommendation would be to pursue a rhinoplasty. The goal of the surgery would be to straighten your nose, reduce the bridge and reshape the nasal tip to make is smaller and reduce the crease. It would also make your nasal tip less boxy from the base view and make the nostrils match better in size. I have found realself to be very accurate with pricing for facial procedures. Look at their estimated cost for surgery in the area.As far as facial symmetry, I do see the difference between the right and left side of the face. It is subtle and I bet most people are not aware of it when they looks at you. You are smart to notice it. Facial asymmetry is present in every face. It is a little bit like having a foot that is slightly bigger than the other. I don't have any specific recommendation of how to fix it because it is subtle and it is an asymmetry in your facial skull itself. Some of my patients find that they apply their make up differently to account for the difference.
Hope this helps! Good luck

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate for crooked nose

A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening the crooked nose, shaving down the bulbous tip, Shaving down the dorsal hump with all  of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. The tip can also be lifted. It's also important to release the depressor septi ligament that pulls the tip down when smiling. Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, especially for the crooked nose, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. Digital computer imaging would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with the procedure on your facial features.  For many rhinoplasty before and after results, please see the link and the video below