What rhinoplasty could I do to make my bulbous nose sharper and prettier? (Photo)

I want my nose to look more ideal without looking to obvious. I don't like that cookie cutter nose job where it's too upturned and long looking. It's has a very bulbous tip but straight bridge

You're a good candidate for rhinoplasty. See my morph.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a couple of computer morphs of your nose, and animations of the morphs, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I elevated the tip, but not too much, and narrowed the cartilages in the tip of the nose where they are prominent and making the tip look like a ball.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a bulbous tip

We created a video answer to your question. You can watch it below.

In short, it would be possible to surgically to refine your nasal tip. There are a variety of tip refinement techniques that can help achieve this goal. These changes can look very natural and most patients these days don't want to have that "fake" look.. Rhinoplasty specialists are experts at making a series of small changes to the nose in order to create a natural and harmonious looking result.

If you decide to pursue surgery, a great place to start would be by having a consultation that includes computer imaging. This would help you decide if you like the way your proposed new nose would look like on you.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

Fundamentally , it appears that you would benefit from tip narrowing procedures which would include trimming of the lateral crus of the tip cartilages,  likely combined with suturing of  the tip cartilages to narrow  the tip further. 

It also appears that you would benefit from lessening tip projection slightly . This involves resection or repositioning of a small segment of the lower and possibly medial crurae of the lower lateral cartilages.

Make sure you see a surgeon highly experienced with rhinoplasty surgery.

J. Andrew Bartlett, MD, FRCS
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

One of the reasons that I love performing the rhinoplasty procedure is because, for me, it is always about finding the right nose for each individual patient. It's all about proportion. My best advise would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in rhinoplasty in order to be assessed in person and discuss your options. There's not reason for you to be unhappy with your nose or to expect a nose that looks like everybody else. You are unique and so is your nose. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

What rhinoplasty could I do to make my bulbous nose sharper and prettier?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile. 

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and technically how to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or the Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose the first place to start is to consult with an experienced Board Certified rhinoplasty plastic surgeon.  They can evaluate you in person and go over the possibilities with you.  Best of luck.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinopasty to Improve My Bulbous Tip

A rhinoplasty can be done to narrow your wide, bulbous, asymmetrical, over projected tip. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist who can show you multiple examples of great results in patients like you so you achieve a natural feminine result.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and at a complimentary consultation by an expert who uses digital photography, you will be able to see what changes are possible with your nose and they would be performed.  So see some experts that use this technique

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to make your nose less long overall.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Closed rhinoplasty for bulbous tip reduction

A Closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish with refining and narrowing the bulbous tip.  Thick skin in the tip of the nose will be an impediment to seeing  refinement in that area.  to accomplish refinement includes suture techniques, cartilage removal, and sometimes cartilage grafting techniques. For more information about bulbous tip reduction,  and many before and after examples, please see the link and video below