11 days post-op, Does my Breast Lift incision look open? (photo)

Hello, I am 11 days post op breast lift. I did put a call into my surgeon but just thought I would double check on here while I am waiting. Under my breast where my t incision is, looks a little bunched and that it may be open. I am aware that's the last spot to heal, and I think I'm being paranoid but just wanted to be preemptive. Thanks!

Breast lift

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Incision Appearance at 11 Days Post-Op

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

With your follow-up appointments it is best to take this question to your surgeon to have the area examined and make sure that the healing of the incision is progressing as it should.

Wounds

The junction of the T incision often takes some time to settle. Everything from the photo looks fine although you are always best to consult with your PS for reassurance.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

11 days post-op, Does my Breast Lift incision look open?

Hello dear, thanks for your questions and provided information as well.. you're still early on healing process, besides that your incision doesn't appear to be open, incisions can open easily when you have a breast lift, take care of your wound covering it with sterile gauze.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Incision open?

Hello, based on the single photo provided I'm not sure if your incision has a small opening right at the T-junction under your breast.  You're correct that this area is often the slowest part to heal.  I'm glad that you have ongoing follow-up with your surgeon.

Breast Incision Healing

I wouldn't fret. You're being preemptively concerned, but better to ask than worry. You're right, this is a common location for slight separation. Keep it clean. Should heal up without issue. Follow regularly with your doc until resolved. Watch for spreading redness and lots of drainage. Best of luck.

Worried about breast wound?

Thanks for this important question. The incision looks very good except for a tiny speck of darker skin. T incisions can be difficult and many have delays in wound healing. I don't see any evidence of this in your photo. Even though the photo looks appropriate, I suggest you speak with your surgeon today and consider an full evaluation if you continue to be concerned. Congratulations on your recent surgery! Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Is my breast incision open?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift incision.

At least in the photo, it appears that you have a small dip where the sutures met but I do not see an open wound.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift incision concern

You did the right thing calling your surgeon. Let them guide you as to how you are healing and what to expect. It is difficult to say for sure based on the photo. If you are not having any draining or oozing from that area it is likely no open at this time, but certainly could open over time. 

Regards,

Surjit S. Rai, MD 

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician

Question about post operative #breastsurgery #plasticsurgery #breastlift

Thank you for sharing your question.  Without the benefit of seeing you in person it's impossible to say for sure as you're still in the very early stages of healing. Be sure to meet with your operative surgeon in person and allow he or she to guide you. Be sure to follow their instructions for wound care/healing. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best.  -Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon