Nearly one year post TT, do I need Lipo or a revision? (Photo)

I had my TT December 2015. These pictures were today at 11pm November 16 after an active day I'm unsure if what I'm seeing is normal for a successful tummy tuck. I know I should be totally flat by now or at least I thought I should be. I weight less now than I did pre surgery because I dieted all summer to lose 10lbs and I kept it off so it's not weight gain. Also, my old belly button scar is hideous. What can be done to correct that? Any insight or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Results

Bottom line, if you aren't happy with your results then you should speak with your surgeon or get a second in person opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon in your area. You are the one who needs to live with your results. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Nearly one year post TT, do I need Lipo or a revision?

Without seeing the "before" pictures, it is hard to judge the results (which look good). Perhaps a little lipo may help. You seem to have dark skin which is more likely to pigment after surgery and give a dark scar. A laser treatment may help.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck result

Your result can only be compared with your preop photos. If you are unhappy then talk to your surgeon about what can be done to achieve a better result.

Laser Therapy for Scars

Dear simplyuncomplicated,

Your scars are dark, and this could be improved upon dramatically with new laser technology available, specifically a combination of Intense Pulse Light therapy and Halo laser therapy.

Without an exam, it is hard to say whether liposuction would help you or not but should be considered. In general, it is not safe to do it simultaneously with a tummy tuck as it may threaten the circulation.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

It is difficult to give advice on possible improvement with revision with only pictures.  Sometimes an exam is necessary or additional pictures in flexion.

Do I need Lipo or a revision? after TT

Thank you for your question. It will be helpful to see pre op pictures for comparison. Overall looks good. Please talk to your PS about your concerns.