What type of breast lift procedure is suggested? (Photo)

Im looking into getting a mommy makeover but I want advice on the type of breast lift. After 2 pregnancies I'm left with saggy boobs :( .. I would like round perky breast again..and of course I would like to avoid "anchor" procedure and go with "crescent" but I need an expert advice on what's best for me .. Thank you.

Mommy Makeover Procedures

Any combination of procedures can be used in the mommy makeover, and likely an in-person consultation would best determine which breast procedure to use. The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. Once you schedule a consultation with a local surgeon you will be able to determine which procedure will best achieve your desired results.

What type of breast lift procedure is suggested

My opinion is without an added implant you would need the anchor incision and with an implant you might get away with a lollipop incision.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast surgery

Based on your photo an anchor incision is what will give you the best shape after surgery.  You may also consider a small implant as well.  I know the incisions can sometimes feel scary, but they fade over time and you want to be happy with the shape of your breasts when the surgery is finished.  If you minimized the incision to just a crescent you may be disappointed in the resulting shape when the surgery is complete.

Camille Cash, MD

#MommyMake-over,#TummyTuck, #Liposuction,#BreastLift,#BreastAugmentation

Thank you for your questions. Rather than finding a non-certified surgeon that may give you better pricing it can be helpful to find a newer Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that has years of experience in training and surgery-required to become Board Certified in Plastic Surgery but is newer in practice. They have the latest up to date training and highest standards as currently set by the newest technology and are able to pass on to the consumer much better pricing for Breast Augmentation. The manufacturers of the breast implants encourage and assist the newer Certified Plastic Surgeons by giving them special pricing on implants which most will pass on to you, the consumer. Check for special pricing here on RealSelf and make sure the surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and you may find the perfect Plastic Surgeon for you who is able to work with your budget without cutting corners!

Before you make your decision on procedure(s) size and shape of implants and what procedure I would suggest that you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  and go over your concerns and what you hope to accomplish. Your surgeon should be able to explain to you why they are recommending the size and procedure they are according to your current breast tissue, measurements including your chest width and your desired outcome. From your photos your nipple/areola is large and low so usually a full lift is necessary to achieve the desired look, either a vertical (lollipop) or anchor pattern lift would work best as the Crescent is not enough of a lift in your case from the picture you attached. The lift with implants will give you a more youthful and fuller shape. Your Surgeon should be able to advise you thoroughly on your options.

We have all our Breast Surgery patients not only utilize our 3D imaging so they can get a real visual on what the implants will look like on them but also to actually try on the different size implants with a tight bra and t-shirt to see what they might expect. That way they have a good visual of what a 450cc implant will do as opposed to a 350cc implant for example. You want to make sure that you see a surgeon that will listen to you and your goals for the procedure and discuss in detail their recommendation for size and shape not only taking into consideration your desired outcome but also your breast measurements before the procedure including your chest dimensions. And then let you try the implants that they feel will give you the desired result so you are in agreement with the size.

Most important is to pick a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. It can be hard and confusing for consumers when a physician may tell you they are Board Certified. Make sure it is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery as many Physicians are certified but it is in another area such as Dermatology, Gynecology, ENT, or some other specialty that does not have the years of training and Certification in Plastic Surgery required to be a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Type of breast lift after pregnancies.

The degree of droopiness of your breasts mandates a more aggressive type of lift.  I would only consider a full mastopexy for my patients with the anchor incision to optimize shaping and contour.  I would also discuss with my patient the optional placement of a small breast implant to enhance fullness and projection.  Personally I never recommend crescent mastopexy but do use periareolar mastopexies for patients with minimal droopiness and mostly emptiness needing  volume restoration.  You are in need of a more aggressive procedure to enable you to obtain a dramatic improvement and nicer shape and contour IMO.
The video above will give you additional information.  Enjoy.
Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am. Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

What kind of lift

Hi ms.vlbs87,

The more excess skin you have, the more is need to remove the excess skin and provide a nice contour to the breast. That is why the anchor incision is sometimes used. A small implant should also be considered in your case.

Good luck!

Alfonso Oliva, MD, FACS
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for providing your photos. Although additional photo views and an in-office examination are necessary, it appears you have Grade 3 ptosis where the nipple is at the lowest part of the breast and below your inframammary fold or crease. Unfortunately, Grade 3 ptotic breasts are lifted with a "lollipop" or "anchor" procedure where there is at least a vertical component of the incision that goes from the nipple down to the crease. You also appear to have lost volume in the upper pole of the breast and may consider a small implant at the same time if you would like to regain that "round" youthful volume while still looking natural. In my experience, patients are extremely satisfied with a breast lift with implants after a mommy makeover even with the type of incision and are often willing to share their experiences with others. The incisions fade over time and there are in-office and at-home treatments we provide to improve them as well. Best of luck!

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

What kind of lift

Good question. To really know you need to see someone in person that can manipulate the tissue and offer you different options. Certainly to have more round rejuvenated breasts you will need to have implants and some kind of lift. In you picture the nipples are on the lowest part of the breast pointing down and that is what we refer to as Grade III Ptosis. It is highest degree of ptosis on the scale we use. The good news is you can have a beautiful elegant result with a lift and implants.  I would not recommend a crescent lift for you. You need much more skin removed than a simple crescent around the areola. You will likely be very unhappy with that result. From what I see in the limited view you have posted you will need a lollipop lift or a full anchor lift. I do full anchor augmentation lifts ALL the time and they are beautiful shaped breasts. I will tell you what I tell my patients. In my personal opinion if you want the correct operation you need to let go of the fact that you will have scars on your breast. There is simply no other possible way to create higher fuller breasts without and implant and a full lift. It is never ever a good idea to use bigger implants trying to avoid a lift because you just end up with bigger more droopy breasts. I would make sure you find a board certified plastic surgeon with an excellent reputation for their work and have a consult and just hear them out. But, I would go in thinking, "If I need scars to do this the I need scars." If you can not buy in to that mindset it is not likely that you will be happy with whatever operation you have. I hope this helps. I try to be bluntly honest in my replies to patients on this forum. This is everything I would tell you if you were sitting in front of me in my office for a consultation. Best of luck. Dr. Rick!

Richard J. Brown, MD

What type of breast lift procedure is suggested?

The crescent procedure has no ability to lift the breast weight and can move an areola about 1/2" for symnettry only. A lift requires removal of skin and repositioning of the areola. With as much skin excess as seen in your photos I would use the anchor pattern. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

A crescent will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient with your anatomy. Either an anchor shaped mastopexy or "lollipop" approach could be utilized to get an uplifted nicely shaped breast with or without an implant, depending on the size that you wish to achieve.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on 2 dimensional photos, without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ASAPS)that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MDFACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon