Recent 2nd procedure to cover a large area didn't take. What caused this? (photo)

As you can see in the picture, there is almost no yield at all along a very specific area where as everywhere else was relatively fine. This is the result almost 2 years from the original procedure. Still awaiting substantial growth from the follow-up procedure nearly 3 months ago. Just wondering what has caused this specific area on just one side of my scalp to have no yield at all.

There is no way to tell why your hair transplant surgery has failed on the Internet. You need to see your doctor

There is no way to tell why your hair transplant surgery has failed on the Internet.  You need to see your doctor for a follow up exam.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Second procedure

I would see the hair restoration surgeon who did your procedure, compare your pre op photos from before your first procedure to now. Your second procedure was only 3 months ago, which is very early to expect results. The final result takes at least 12 months. With that being said, you should discuss with your surgeon why it didn't take in the first procedure. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Failed second transplant

If your second hair transplant failed, go back to your doctor and have a frank discussion with him/her. There should be answers forthcoming from your doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon