Will a revision be needed to correct asymmetry? I need advice. I am distraught. 5 weeks post op & they no longer hurt (Photo)

Looking to become a large C.. being 5 weeks post op I am seeing that my L Breast is a large B small C and my right breast is a large C small D. Wearing a bathing suit isn't happening. L Breast received 210CC style 10 Natrelle & R breast 375CC style 20 NATRELLE, both behind muscle. Pre op I was wearing a 34B not filling it out at all and my L breast was a bit smaller. Currently in a T shirt it is SO noticeable of the size difference that I am padding the L breast. Swelling gone & I am in no pain.

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regardsDr. Emmanuel Mallol

Breasts

Thank you for your question and pictures.  You are only 5 weeks post op and full healing has not taken place.  I suggest that you wait at least 3 months full more complete healing. Then, if the asymmetry still exists, you will need a larger implant in the smaller breast to correct the asymmetry.  

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

It is clear that you had a significant asymmetry to begin with.  I would give it a little more time.  You are only just over a month from surgery.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

I hate to hear anyone is distraught after breast augmentation but in your photos I agree with your concerns. There is visible asymmetry. I recommend sharing these photos with your surgeon as well as having an exam and candid discussion with him/her. A revision is likely warranted though most would suggest you wait a few weeks longer. Best of luck.

Need a revision

It can be hard to correct asymmetry and often despite your doctors best intentions a revision is needed. I would think your doctor would be happy to work with you to place a new larger implant in the smaller side. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Revision

You will likely need a revision to better match the size differences. Give it about 4 months for the tissues to settle before undergoing the revision.

Asymmetry

With the breast covered it's hard to tell for me what they looked like preoperatively. That being said, I've had good success over the last few years in patients such as you where implants alone cannot create satisfactory symmetry using secondary fat grafting to best match the opposite side. Most women may have areas around the hip and belly that they would like to see thinner anyway. So in my book, rather than try and match it again with another implant, I would consider fat grafting as a final touch up. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS