Looking for plastic surgeon in New England to remove a mole I've had since birth on my face. Right cheek, upper portion (Photo)

I have a facial mole on my right cheek that I have had all my life. I would like it removed with minimal scarring. What would the best procedure be and who would be the best doctor to see?

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon -- Ruby Laser Maybe Best

I suggest seeing an expert, this can be removed surgically or with lasers in the office.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Technique is key

Chrissy,After we look at the mole and determine the best method of treating it, we'll use a very specific type of suturing that creates a nearly invisible scar.  There's always a scar from a mole removal, but the scar should be less noticeable than the mole!Should be readily improved.

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mole removal cheek

The best approach is to first have a dermascopy examination of the mole. This evaluation will determine the type of mole you have and the depth of the lesion. Based on that exam your doctor will determine which removal approach is best for you. These include shave removal vs. excision vs. laser removal. Ensure that you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. 

Hooman Khorasani, MD