Looking for plastic surgeon in New England to remove a mole I've had since birth on my face. Right cheek, upper portion (Photo)

I have a facial mole on my right cheek that I have had all my life. I would like it removed with minimal scarring. What would the best procedure be and who would be the best doctor to see?

Doctor Answers 3

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon -- Ruby Laser Maybe Best

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I suggest seeing an expert, this can be removed surgically or with lasers in the office.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Technique is key

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Chrissy,After we look at the mole and determine the best method of treating it, we'll use a very specific type of suturing that creates a nearly invisible scar.  There's always a scar from a mole removal, but the scar should be less noticeable than the mole!Should be readily improved.

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 70 reviews

Mole removal cheek

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best approach is to first have a dermascopy examination of the mole. This evaluation will determine the type of mole you have and the depth of the lesion. Based on that exam your doctor will determine which removal approach is best for you. These include shave removal vs. excision vs. laser removal. Ensure that you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. 

Hooman Khorasani, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 35 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.