Can a brow lift be reversed after having hairline reduction and brow lift? (Photos)

I had a hairline reduction combed with a brow lift over 3 years ago. Along with having an unfavorable hairline/ scar. I've suffered hair loss along with pulling, oftentimes painful and or itching sensations on my scalp. My eyebrows are elevated too high and slant upward giving me a Dr Spark look. Not sure why but it appears that the eyebrows are actually getting higher over time. It's hard to look at myself in the mirror as this decision has caused depression. Please can anyone help me?

In short - yes

Yes, it is very likely that we can improve this scar and lower your eyebrows.  I don't think that a tissue expander will be needed either.  It may be a two part process but you should be able to look good in not very long.  This is something we treat very regularly.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reversing Brow Lift

Unfortunately I've seen other patients like you after their brow lift. The scar can be revised and eliminated with a scar revision and possibly a few micrografts. I will need to place a small expander in the forehead before lifting your low hairline. I know this is frustrating but a natural result can be achieved

Reverse Browlift?

Yes the scar an be revised and closed using the irregular Trichophytic Closure we described 35 years ago. I use tissue expansion to do this. Sees very experienced surgeon for this and look at his results. 

Forehead /brow revision

The hairline scar should be easy to improve with some hair transplants or scar revision. Reshaping your brows might be done after forehead tissue expansion.    Better comparative photos are needed to give a better answer. Also the range of brow movement has to be known. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift reversal

Hello and thank you for your question. This is a very common complaint after brow lift surgery.  I perform brow lift reversals using bone anchors and they can work very well to restore your pre-operation appearance. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Yes it can be done

A reverse forehead lift can be done. It is an uncommon procedure and I have never seen one in nearly 20 years. You will  need to be in the proper emotional state to have surgery. You still may need some hair transplants. You could try some botox to lower the brow position.Good luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon