Do I need a breast lift? I am getting saline implants with Dr. Hunsaker. He has suggested a donut lift with the implants (Photo)

I'm not completely convinced it's necessary. I'm concerned about loss of sensation and worried about flattening. Also am I going to be able to get nice cleavage with the way my breast jut out to the sides??

You do need a lift

Hi Lalalana,Yes, you will look better with some type of lift. Your nipple is on the lowest part of the breast mound. If you just place an implant, your nipples will not be centered on the implant and your breasts will cascade off the implant. A lift, either a peri areolar or vertical, will improve the nipple position on the breast. You will have additional scars but over time, scars fade and the improved shape will be long lasting. Best of luck, keep us posted.Dr. Weintraub

Do I need a breast lift? I am getting saline implants with Dr. Hunsaker. He has suggested a donut lift with the implants

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Implants with Lift

Yes, I agree that implants with a lift would be ideal for you, based on your photos.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400-500ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Second opinion

Thank you for your excellent question. While your operation and plan seems reasonable, there's nothing like getting another opinion with a boarded plastic surgeon with a lot of experience and there are several excellent plastic surgeons in your home state who could be of help. Best of luck.

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Centralized nipples are youthful

Hi, I have attached a link that might be helpful.

Hi lalalana.  Thanks for sharing photos.  Since your nipples are pointing downwards and there is no skin/breast tissue visible below the nipples, a donut lift is a good option to centralize them.  This doesn't separate the nipple from the underlying nerves for you to lose sensation, and yes, there is the trade off of mild flattening that comes with it.  The choice of a high profile implant will maximize the cleavage and help address the two different sizes of your breasts.  Best wishes,