Blepharoplasty, brow lift, neck lift or facelift, with CO2 ablative resurfacing to be be performed in one operation.

Please see photo upload to read my concerns for what I am looking to do. I am looking for a highly skilled and capable surgeon on the east coast of the U.S., Miami, NYC, Boston, or Providence (my home) area that can fulfill my needs and expectations for what I am prepared to do in the near future. I am open to greater distance travel depending on how convenient the process can be for me and how skilled the doctor, but the closer to home would obviously be more convenient. Let's talk, thanks!

We routinely do upper blephs, lower blephs, lateral brow lift, face and neck lift and fractional laser resurfacing all in one

We routinely do upper blephs, lower blephs,  lateral brow lift, face and neck lift and fractional laser resurfacing all in one sitting.  Sometimes we do fat transfer along with all of the above.  It allows for all the pieces of the puzzle to fit well together and one recovery. We get to turn back time on multiple aspects of facial aging (gravitational aging, sun damaged skin and volume loss) in one fell swoop.

Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need an evaluation

Hi DaveZang,Your concerns may be very valid and that combination of procedures is something that we do together regularly.  In fact, recently we have begun an academic research paper demonstrating that multiple surgical procedures can be safely done together.  This helps people to have less recovery time overall as compared to performing the procedures serially.Best of luck!

Jeffrey H. Spiegel, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

blepharoplasty, brow lift, face/necklift procedures

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about  being a candidate for all three surgical procedures. The primary goal for upper eyelid surgery is to remove hooded and excess  upper eyelid skin. The primary goal for lower eyelid surgery is the fatty deposits creating puffiness in the lower lids. A brow lift is performed when patients have low set eyebrow position. A face and neck lift is performed for patients who  wish to accomplish tightening loose facial and neck skin, tightening loose facial and neck muscles, lifting the jowls, and removal of any fatty deposits in the neck. For more information  and many examples all three procedures, please see the link and the video below

Non-surgical options to rejuvenate your face

It is difficult to make a recommendation without seeing you in person.  From my experience a lot of people are delaying facelifts, or in many cases not having them.  Instead, patients are seeking out an injection specialist - either a plastic surgeon, oculofacial plastic surgeon or dermatologist to discuss other alternatives.  Face lifting is a big procedure and even though it is surgery, we still continue to age.  While non-surgical treatments are not permanent, they can bring a long-lasting improvement and with proper maintenance the results often look entirely natural.  Also, a facelift is not reversible if you don't like the results.  Altogether, the aging process of the face is often related to volume loss, as well as bone loss and fat loss. There are excellent alternatives to a surgical facelift such as Instalift(dissolvable suture lift) as well as contouring the face with injectable fillers.  Sometimes we combine this treatment with a noninvasive skin tightening device such as ThermiRF or Ultherapy for further correction.  If you are a candidate for a blepharoplasty, that would have to be done surgically.  Seek a practice that offers various services and get educated before you go under the knife. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Strongly advise that you not have CO2 Laser resurfacing at the same time as your face and neck lift. The CO2 can stress blood supply already under stress from the neck and face lift. You can damage the skin surface and result in significant scarring.

Blepharoplasty, brow lift, neck lift/ face lift and CO2 ablative laser resurfacing

There are many factors to consider here. Three out of the four procedures you have listed may be done in an office setting. The blepharoplasty, brow lift and CO2 laser resurfacing (MiXto handpiece) are procedures that I offer as a "package" in the office. If the patient wants deeper sedation, then they may need an ambulatory surgery center setting where the CO2 laser is not always available. As an oculoplastic surgeon, I do not do mid or lower facelifts or neck lifts, but I do offer CO2 which tightens the neck and facial tissues to some degree. I can understand your desire to have all of the procedures done at one time. The eyelid and brow surgery have roughly the same down time as MiXto CO2 - a week and you are looking "presentable". Consultation in person will help to clarify what techniques are best for you and what you may expect. When planning this extensively, you may want more than one opinion. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation

Hello and thank you for your question. All of these procedures can be performed at the same in the appropriate patient.  If good technique is used, this can be done with minimal scarring and can result in a natural look, not over-done look, with rejuvenation of your face.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

We do not recommend throwing darts to decide which surgery to have.

Each of these surgeries have indications or reasons for performing them.  What surgery you should have if any needs to be based on your concerns and what physical issues you have.  Many issues are best addressed with non-surgical methods.  The key is personal consultation with ethical cosmetic surgeons who are looking to your best interests.  The photo is in no way the same thing as a personal consultation.  Please start there and don't get ahead of yourself.

Facial rejuvenation

If you are a candidate, I would perform the facelift, brow lift and eye surgery.  Sometimes these are staged depending upon the patient's preference.  Too much surgery at one time may put you at higher risk of complications. I do not routinely laser the full face at the same time. It is best to see you in person to make a proper assessment.  Best of luck.