Don't know if I should go with 400cc or 375c ! I don't want to look top heavy I just want a balance! (photos)

Don't know if I should go with 400cc or 375c ! I don't want to look top heavy I just want a balance!

Thank you for your question. Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

It is important for you to understand that you don’t always need a breast implant for breast augmentation. As it was also mentioned above you can also get bigger and natural breasts with Cihantimur Fat Transfer method. In this method we use own fat tissue of the patient in order to increase the size of the breast. Since this tissue is your own tissue there is no risk for any adverse effects. It is safe and fast operation that yields natural results without any incision.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. You really won’t notice a significant difference between those sizes, you may ask your doctor to make the decision during surgery once he places sizers to see what they think looks best on your body. There are also 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

There is no big difference between this two size

THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTION. I understand your concern  but you really won’t notice a significant difference between those sizes, you may ask your doctor to make the decision during surgery once he places sizers to see what they think looks best on your body. I will also recommend that you put your breast implants under the muscle. Good luck.

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Thank you for your question and photograph.  The size of breast implants should be based on the base width of your breast which will be measured by your plastic surgeon.  In addition your plastic surgeon should provide you with sizers to place into a bra so that you can see the difference between a 375 cc and 400 cc implant.  Generally it takes 150-200 cc of breast implant to increase you by one cup size.  You can also do the Rice test at home.  To learn how to do the Rice test and size are breast please read the link below:

BA sizes

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. 

What limits how big you should go?

1. Your current breast size. This matters because you’ve got to have enough existing breast tissue to cover the implant. If you haven’t got a lot to spare, some implants may just be too big to fit.
2. Your chest and shoulder width. Fortunately, implants come in different base widths so you can get a size that works well with your frame.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

How best to choose implant size.

Your choice for breast implants should be made after an in depth consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  During your consultation, measurements of your breast width, height and skin elasticity should be done to see what size implant your skin will accommodate.  This approach is the best way to assure proportional increase and to minimize problems.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to help you with this and between you and your surgeon, you should be able to arrive at an implant that is best for you.  

Choosing between implant sizes

Thank you for your question.  Your concern is shared by most women undergoing breast augmentation.  You need to have a thorough conversation with your surgeon following a breast examination.  You measurements and goals will be taken into consideration.  Ideally, your surgeon will utilize a sizing system so that you may see the difference in these two implant sizes for yourself.  I would be surprised if you notice such a small (25 cc) difference at all.  If a patient is narrowed down to two sizes so close in volume and is concerned about being too large, I usually recommend the smaller size.  If they are concerned about being too small, I tend to recommend the larger implant.  Hope this helps.

Implant Selection

Thank you for your question.  You are definitely not alone in your concern regarding what implant size would look the best on you.  I see many patients each day in consultation who are concerned with going too large and ultimately winding up with this 'top heavy' look.  To this end, I find it essential to have a thorough discussion of pre-op breast size, measurements and any asymmetries that may exist in great detail.  It is also extremely important to have an honest conversation about cosmetic goals and any limitations that may exist to achieving the desired result.  I find it very helpful to offer patients 3-D imaging with our Vectra imaging system to show a patient what the can look like in a variety of sizes.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced in breast augmentation procedures.  I hope this helps!

Implant Sizing

The goal of breast augmentation is to create an aesthetic breast with the size, shape, and projection that is desired by the patient. During a breast augmentation consultation, measurements of the breasts are used as a starting point to recommend a breast implant. 

For more info, see the link below

The decision on size, shape, and position of these implants is based on the patient’s anatomy and the type and size of the implant and patients preferences. As you consider a size, the difference between 375 and 400 ml implant would likely be undetectable to most people. It equates to about 2 tablespoons. That being said, when deciding between two similar sizes, I council patients to choose the larger size.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment. In office sizing and digital three-dimensional computer simulations can help guide your implant choices. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Breast implant sizing.

You should be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to help determine what implant size will best meet your goals - this is based upon your anatomy, breast measurements, and overall desired result.