I feel like my nose isn't in proportion with my face and is not feminine. Do I need rhinoplasty?

I feel like my nose isn't in proportion with my face and is not feminine. I am really self conscious of it and I think I am unattractive to the point it is really getting me down because it is all I can think about. Would I benefit from rhinoplasty? I would love to have it done but at the moment money is an obstacle.

Rhinoplasty

jodiecuma,thanks for the photos but they are not quite the right angles to give more than a general answer. Should you be unhappy with your nose see 2-3 facial plastic specialists with experience and look at a lot of their photos. Do not go with a surgeon until you feel comfortable with their training, photos and experience. . Good luck!!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Feel unattractive, is nose the answer?

Many people focus on their nose and think they are unattractive.  Even though your pictures are not great to see an accurate representation of your face, you are very attractive.  Remember, most of us don't see what others see when they look at us.  I would guess that you are more attractive than you think.  Before making a permanent change to your face, be sure it is your nose.  If you are sure, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in nose surgery.  Good luck.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Your nose appears to fit your face, however your photos were not great.  Photos from your shoulders up would be best.  I do see, that your chin is a bit receded.  In my opinion, a small chin implant would balance your face more.  You notice your nose more because your chin is small.  Having a chin in balance with your face will take away from the look of your nose. 

Pictures from the front would be helpful, but rhinoplasty may provide an avenue to improvement.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty Candidate?

From your pictures, it appears that your nose is feminine. Your nasal tip is slightly lower than the dorsum. By lowering the dorsum a little and by sculpting the lower lateral cartilages of your nasal tip, you will have a more delicate, more balanced, and more feminine nose. A cosmetic rhinoplasty is affordable and financing is available. The total fee for surgery in my NJ office is $4100 which includes all fees. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon