Can This Be Done - Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Okay so I'm thinking about getting Rhinoplasty done to make the bulb of my nose smaller and to make the top part of my nostrils/bottom of nose bridge thinner. I have a picture of what I want done - the black parts. So can this be done?

Doctor Answers 4

You have realistic goals

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is common for patients to seek nasal refinement of the areas that are your concens.  The tip can be defined and the hanging columella can be corrected.  You appear to have thick skin that would ultimately limit the amount of tip definition.  I would seek a rhinoplasty specialist.  

Can This Be Done - Rhinoplasty?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Narrowing of the tip as you've diagrammed is possible with rhinoplasty surgery. What can be achieved with surgery and the maneuvers that would actually be required can be explored during your consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and wide nostrils.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes a rhinoplasty can refine your tip and narrow the nostril base.  See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. 

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Rhinoplasty question

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question and for the photos. There are a variety of things that can be done during a rhinoplasty to reshape the nose. This can alter the tip or the bridge with the goal being to make your nose proportional to the rest of the face. Since everyone's face is different, every approach to the nose needs to be individualized.

A rhinoplasty could narrow the tip of your nose as you have diagrammed. It could also narrow the bridge to create a more refined result. This could be done as an outpatient procedure with limited recovery time. 

The best thing to do would be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. At that time, your desires could be discussed and any questions answered. 

Best of luck with your nose.

Jeff Rockmore

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.