Rhinoplasty Cost Estimate and What Do I Need? (Photos)

hi I am considering having rhinoplasty in the summer. I am 15yrs old but going to turn 16 next year. I hate the way my profile looks because it is flat and has no definition. I wanted to know what I needed to fix to achieve a nice natural looking nose & as well as a price range. I provided pictures of peoples noses I really liked and is there any way I can achieve similar results? I also provided pictures of things I want to avoid and did not want my nose to look like. Thanks

Poorly Projected Nasal Tip Surgery

Keslie, it appears that your nasal tip is way under projected and could benefit from being brought out further from your face. This should provide you with improved tip definition as well as an overall improvement in nasal shape and size. However, the photos you provided of noses that you like are not realistic in your situation. These other people have much different skin type compared with yours. In addition, their native cartilage and bone structure inside of the nose is much different. I would recommend consulting with a local rhinoplasty expert so that all of these issues can be discussed in detail. The average cost for rhinoplasty surgery like this here in San Diego, CA is around $6500-7000.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under projected nasal tip

It is important to be realistic when it comes to expectations from a rhinoplasty.  You have a severely under projected nasal tip and likely have no tip support at all from the underlying cartilage.  You will need grafting to try to give your more definition to the nasal tip.  You also have thick skin.   You will most likely not come close to the photos that you have included as a desired result.  We can only work with the material the patient brings us to work on.  This is not to say that you can not get significant improvement in your nasal profile and tip projection.  Discuss your concerns with your parents and when you are ready seek out a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon.  

Cost of a rhinoplasty

It is important to have realistic expectations going into a rhinoplasty procedure. Virtual rhinoplasty computer imaging is available on our website for you to try. The cost of a rhinoplasty and our photo gallery  are located on the link below.  Best to wait until you are 16 years of age and you will still need your parents permission

Rhinoplasty Cost Estimate and What Do I Need?

Age-wise, it is ok to do the surgery after 15 years of age in girls, assuming you stopped growing (height, shoe size, etc)

The cost of rhinoplasty varies anywhere from $5000-7000, which may or may not include a facility and anesthesia costs.

Looking at your photo, I think that your dorsum is low so you would benefit from increasing the dorsal height.  Your tip is somewhat bulbous with poor definition and increased alar based (nostril) width.  All these areas can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery.

Your next step is to find a knowledgeable and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and take it from there.  Don't forget, your parents should be agreeable to surgery as they will need to sign the permission for it.  Good luck.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Female teenage rhinoplasty

It looks like from your pictures that you have an under-projected nasal tip that has poor tip support. You may also need some narrowing of your nasal base or nasal ala. This might require some grafting from your septum to help define and project the nasal tip. Also, keep in mind that the pictures you like reflect thinner nasal skin and you may not be able to get exactly like your photos. The approximate cost in our area is around 5250 which includes anesthesia and our facility. Good luck with your decisions.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon