I had rhinoplasty 2.5 years ago. I just banged it and there's a small bump on the side of it?

I had rhinoplasty 2.5 years ago. I just banged it and there's a small bump on the side of it. I have been icing it and took ibuprofen. Should I see my surgeon if the bump doesn't goes away?

Trauma After Rhinoplasty

Dear Gen291984, The bump will most likely go away with time and icing. However, if it persists for more than a week or so, then you should follow up with your surgeon. Good luck. Dr Gervais

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose after banging it

Most likely this bump is temporary swelling. See your rhinoplasty surgeon if this persists. Best wishes.

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I think the best thing to do would be to have an exam to determine if anything has occurred.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.