Bruising on scar 3 weeks after upper eyelid surgery?

It has been 3 weeks since my upper eyelid surgery today I noticed a small bruise next to my left eye scar Line and scar looks a reddish colour. Is this normal and when can I expect the swelling above scar to stop

Dear Reader,

You are still healing from your surgery.  It does take approx. 6 weeks for tissue to be as strong as it was before surgery. Bruises can last several weeks.  Keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon and let him or her know your concerns at your next visit. 

Best of Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still healing

At this point you sound to be doing well and the swelling if mild is normal. It will continue to improve over the next few weeks. If you are having increased tenderness, You should visit with your doctor and have them take a look. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD, FACS
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after eyelid surgery

It is not unusual for bruising to be present after eyelid surgery at the 3 week point.   This should continue to improve over the next few weeks.  Check with your surgeon to see if your healing is progressing as planned.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Eyelid scar bruising

The best thing is to be seen by your
 surgeon. It could be something
 simple and he could determine
 what is best for you. Swelling is 
 still expected and should slowly
 fade away.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon