Revision Rhinoplasty - Which Procedure? (photo)

Dear experts, I had a failed nose surgery in 2008. Consequently, I am looking into secondary rhinoplasty to correct my nose. Enclosed you will find pictures of my situation. Is it possible to improve my nose? If so, which procedures do you think are necessary/suitable? What expectations are realistic? A doctor in Germany assessed an open roof. Other than that, he stated that my nose is "feasible" and the surgery would not be overly complicated. Do you agree?

Doctor Answers 2

What Procedures with Revision Rhinoplasty?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In addition to correcting the open roof deformity I suggest you consider elevating the columella, improving tip definition and projection with a cartilage graft, and augmenting your bridge. You should clearly establish your goals with your surgeon. 

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Revision rhinoplasty to improve the nasal appearance

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The appearance of your nose can certainly be improved with a revision surgery.  Your bridge (dorsum) appears to have been over-resected, resulting in an open roof and a collapse of the middle-third of your nose ("inverted-V" deformity).  Your tip is quite bulbous and lacks refinement with a bit of a polly-beak deformity and over-rotation of the infratip lobule.  Your ala are quite retracted (nostrils are pulled up).  This is likely due to scar tissue formation and loss of tip support.  In order to appropriately reconstruct your nose rib cartilage harvest may be necessary, depending on how much cartilage remains in your septum.  For a revision rhinoplasty specialist, your surgery would be on the more straightforward part of the spectrum.      

Donald B. Yoo, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 64 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.