New York or Illinois Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon?

I had a rhinoplasty surgery three years ago and the doctor completely messed it up. I have ended up with uneven nostril size, breathing issues, nose tip pointing more to the left side and broader bridge, which makes the nose appear very thick. I am thinking about getting it re-done by an expert Rhinoplasty surgeon who practices in NY or IL. Any recommendations?

Doctor Answers 4

Dr. Toriumi in Chicago is well known.

Chicago has a well-known and widely-respected surgeon for revision rhinoplasty, Dr. Dean Toriumi. My only experience with him has been through his scientific publications and presentations, but I respect his opinions and observations about rhinoplasty.

(I have some areas where I disagree, too, but these are on minor issues).

All the best,


Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

New York or Illinois Revision Rhinoplasty Surgeon

The ASPS website is a good starting point for qualified, board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. Dean Toriumi in Chicago is well regarded. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS
West Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Revision Rhinoplasty surgeon

You should find someone who you are comfortable with, a surgeon with an operative plan that make sense to you. You should also note that some problems are not possible to totally correct.

Jay M. Pensler, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Rhinoplasty revision

 Treating complicated nasal problems can be difficult. Definitely seek out a surgeon who feels comfortable treating these problems so that you can achieve the success that you desire..  Good luck with your search.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.