Revision Rhinoplasty for Open Roof Deformity and Bulky Tip? (photo)

I had primary rhinoplasty done 3 years ago and am disatified with the open roof deformity and the bulky tip I still have 3 years post surgery. The primary was a closed procedure and no cartilage grafts were used. I am travelling to the USA next year to get this fixed and was wondering if there were any revision rhinoplasty surgeons that can be recommended for this deformity,there are so many rhinoplasty surgeons it is very overwelming.

Doctor Answers 3

Revision Rhinoplasty for Open Roof Deformity and Bulky Tip?

 I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 25 years and I know that it can be challenging to find a Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  IMHO, it's best to choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon based on his/her ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.

 Aesthetically speaking, the nose does appear to have a wide bridge and it certainly may be due to an "open roof deformity".  The nasal tip is wide and appears to have excess scar tissue over it and the supra-tip area.  We have many out of town and out of country patients and would require you to stay in the LA area for 1 week following the Revision Rhinoplasty.  We do offer telephone consults for our out of town patients.  Hope this helps. 

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Open Room Deformity

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but unfortunately you are not alone and it is a very common request.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.  You may choose to start doing phone consultations after sending in some photos before you come to the US.  Please ensure you see a specialist who can also ensure that the functionality of your nose is preserved so can you breathe through your nose!

Kimberly Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

Revision Rhinoplastyin the United States

I suggest you get settled in the U.S. and then look for an experienced surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty. I hear your complaints frequently from patients who come to me seeking revision surgery.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.