How soon can I have a revision on double bubble, and possible cc? I had BA on 5/28/15 (Photo)

3 month post op and was told possible cc and double bubble occuring. Wait for 6 month evaluation. Not interested in going back to him and would like options/opinion of others also asked about incision/fold concern. Looks terrible.

Double bubble after breast augmentation

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, your pictures do demonstrated that you have had your breast implant settle below the breast fold. So what you are seeing is the new lower breast fold is where the breast implant has settled to and the crease on the breast is actually the old fold or old crease of the breast. This occurs because of a few different factors and in any situation, not every person who gets a double bubble is getting because of the same reasons.

So here goes the most common causes, and remember your double may be because of only one of these or some combination a few of them. Each and every case is different. The repair is possible regardless of the cause(s). The type of repair will be different based upon what or how the double bubble occurred.
  • sharp, well developed tight fold (IMF = inframammary fold)
  • short distance from 6 o'clock position of areola and presurgical IMF
  • tight strong tissues of the IMF inadequately released at surgery
  • too large of a breast implant for the dimensions of the chest and breast
  • too heavy of a breast implant for the tissues of the breast to support
  • lower pole fallout

So the repair of the double bubble consists of rebuilding the fold, it is called IMF reconstruction and there are many methods to do this. It is best to see a plastic surgeon with experience IMF recons to assist you with this. It will require surgery. In the meantime, wear support. The repair timing depends on several factors and should be decided by the surgeon.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Double fold

From the photos it would appear that an attempt to lower the fold was done. In my opinion, at 3 months the capsule is sufficiently formed that a revision could be done. Try to find a board certified plastic surgeon with experience with breast revisions. Good luck

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

How soon can I have a revision on double bubble, and possible cc? I had BA on 5/28/15

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced.  I would suggest that you wait at least six months after the initial operation performed, before undergoing  revisionary breast surgery.  Exactly what operation will be necessary will depend on your physical examination and goals.  It will be important to select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has a significant/demonstrable experience helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery. You may find the attached link, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Repair of double bubble

You should let the tissues mature and all swelling go away to have the best chance of repairing the crease. I'd suggest at about 6 months after your surgery was done it would be reasonable.