Should I Revise my Breast Aug from a Moderate Plus 325 Cc Implant to a 400 Cc Hp Implant for Upper Pole Fullness? (photo)

I have an average to wide chest wall and i have a natural space between my breasts. I have had one child and i had lost alot of volume in my breast -my surgeon said i did not need a lift. I didnt want to go too big with my first surgery and was scared of the hp because of the talk of "torpedo like" breasts. My breast sit low on my chest wall so im wondering if the hp with a little more volume would look like torpedos on my size chest. The ones i have now go out to the sides a little more than i like.

Improving Your Upper Pole Fullness

I do not think that changing the volume and profile of your implant will help your upper pole fullness.  Improvement of your upper pole fullness will come from performing a lift which will help your droop and tighten your skin.

Dr. ES

Upper Pole Fullness

Switching to a larger implant will probably give you more of what you have rather than give you upper pole fullness. 

Better would be a breast lift, most likely with a lollipop incision. If you wish to be larger also, switching implants would make sense, but that alone will not substitute for a lift. All the best. 

Significant Upper Pole Fullness Is Not Going To Result From A 75cc Breast Implant Change

Changing breast implants for a 75cc change in volume is not going to make an appreciable difference in how they look. High profile implants are also not going to lift up your breasts nor close the gap between them. I think there is no concern that a 75cc volume increase with high projection is going to give you 'torpedo-shaped' breasts. The better question is whether they will make an appreciable difference at all to justify the effort.

You do need a lift

Your photos demonstrate the need for a breast lift.  Changing to HP will not change that need.  Breasts sitting "low" on the chest wall are not improved just by going bigger if the nipples are low and pointing downward.

You Need A Lift

Looking at just your pictures, it appears to me that you may indeed need a lift. Changing implants alone can give you more upper pole fullness, and make you bigger, but your breasts will still sit low. Probably, a combination of implant exchange and breast lift will be the best option for you. I recommend you speak to a respectable Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

About Exchanging Current Implants with a Larger Size

Yes, it is possible to #increase your implant size with a #revision. However, the #pocket will need adjustment and a lift may be necessary; to better #support the new implant. Additionally, a mesh for further support may be helpful depending on the #implant size and skin #elasticity.

With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. Any cosmetic #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingient on shape of body and your desired outcome.  Your procedure should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for another revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient #reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Should I Revise my Breast Aug from a Moderate Plus 325 Cc Implant to a 400 Cc Hp Implant for Upper Pole Fullness?

If you like this type of "mature" breast appearance than exchange to a 430 cc UHP silicones with lateral capsulorraphies. A lifting would elevate the N/A complexes but the scar risks are possible. Also superior pole fat grafts are an option. Recently I have added Thermigen RF to the sub dermal superior quadrants to attain a 1 cm of skin tightening causing a slight elevation without incisions/scars. 

You surely will need of mastopexy augmentation without vertical scars/seguramente requeririas de mastopexia de aumento sin cicat

it would be more satisfactory to you a mastopexy augmentation without any vertical or horizontal or periareolar scar, with hy profile 4-5 and less volume and anatomical shape.

seria mejor para ti una mastopexia de aumento con proyeccion de 4-5 tipo anatomico con menor volumen y peso

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon