Reverse double eyelid surgery?

I had the suture method done for double eyelid surgery six months ago, I hated the results and had the sutures removed (my doctor told me it would take one month to go back to my old eyes) but I kept on rubbing them after I had the sutures removed, will this affect the healing process?

Reverse double eyelid surgery?

Greetings

Thank you for your question,  If enough scar forms, even with the suture gone, the scar tracks are still there and can continue to make the break in the eyelid. A better plan would be a second opinion from another surgeon - and I would suggest an Oculoplastic surgeon. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

A photograph here would be invaluable.

With the suture removed, will the eyelid return to normal-not necessarily.  Scar tissue is induced by the passage of the suture.  If enough scar forms, even with the suture gone, the scar tracks are still there and can continue to make the break in the eyelid.  Consider reposting with a photograph.  That will be very helpful.

Unhappy with results after double eyelid surgery

Rubbing the eyelids is not healthy for the eyelid tissues or the cornea. Rubbing destroys the natural relationship of the tendons and muscles in the eyelid and orbit. Inflammation after chronic rubbing also affects future procedures that you might need. A better plan would be a second opinion from another surgeon - and I would suggest an Oculoplastic surgeon. Below is a link to fund an Oculoplastic surgeon in your area. Best wishes for better results.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon