Retainer After Wisdom Teeth Removal to Fix Crowded/shifted Teeth, Even Though I've Never Had Braces? (photo)

I've never had braces before, but fortunately I've always had very straight teeth-- until now. I'm 18, and I know it's late, but I'm getting my wisdom teeth out (all 4). Initially, crowding wasn't a problem-- but in the last month and a half or so, my front teeth have started to over lap, and one has moved ahead of the other entirely. I have to wait another 2 weeks to get the teeth removed, and it makes me nervous-- my teeth have moved alarmingly fast. Could a spring aligner fix them?

Retainer After Wisdom Teeth Removal to Fix Crowded/shifted Teeth, Even Though I've Never Had Braces?

Your wisdom teeth are not what is causing your teeth to crowd so extracting them will do little to nothing to solve your problem. Using a retainer to hold your teeth where they currently are would work; but again, would not solve your problem. Your problem is arches that are too narrow. If you want to definitively solve your problem you must SLOWLY expand your arches, starting with your upper arch. There are a few appliances that work well in your situation: Schwarz, DNA and homeoblock to name a few.

Good luck!