3 Weeks post op Facelift, I am unsatisfied with my results. Doctor suggested Fillers. Do I need a revision? (photos)
Doctor Answers 26
Unsatisfied with the facelift results
You might also like...
3 Weeks post op Facelift, I am unsatisfied with my results. Doctor suggested Fillers. Do I need a revision?
The lines next to the face (nasolabial folds) etc will need fillers despite a face lift. Many times fillers are done at the time of the surgery to enhance the outcome. But all of this has to be discussed with your surgeon.
Looking at your photos, while it is early in the process, the neck may need revision if you are unhappy.
It may or may not improve with time. Either way, you should try and wait atleast 6 months or so before doing anything else. As for the face, if you are unhappy with the lines next to your nose and maybe around the mouth, the choice would be fillers and for that you don't have to wait.
I wish you all the best.
Facelift Revision Wait Period
Most important is to go to a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon with great experience in facelift revisions.
Facelift results disappointing
Disappointment after a facelift
Often results like this represent some sort of minimal approach to facelifting. If, indeed, that's the case, than sometimes it's just "getting what you paid for". I personally don't think fillers are the answer in your case. I probably would suggest some sort of revisional surgery. Sometimes just a "tuck" will do, but again I wouldn't want to make a specific recommendation without knowing more about you and the surgery carried out.
Practices differ, but in our practice we always make financial consideration when situations like this come up. After all, our main goal is to have a happy, satisfied patient. I would think your surgeon would feel the same. Ask him if he wants you to be an example of his work?
Unsatisfied after facelift.
If you do not have any complications then at least you are only out time and money.
It is too early to consider another procedure since the wounds have to fully heal and the scars need to fully mature. I would wait a minimum of two months before considering a revision. It is important to see a surgeon with experience in this area to maximize your chances of a good result while minimizing risk. My advice is to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has experience with revision facelifts. Be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge his/her expertise and also to see the types of results that are reasonable to expect.
Unhappy with face lift result
- It is so disappointing to feel this way after a face lift,
- I wonder if perhaps you had a facial laser and mini-lift, given your skin changes.
- Fillers won't help now -- you are swollen and it is hard to tell what to do with fillers now,
- You will need a revision by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon,
- We are usually happy to discount touch-up procedures for own own patients
- But your surgeon would involve a complete re-face lift of an unsatisfactory one.
- It is unrealistic to expect a better surgeon to do a harder operation, so as to fix another surgeon's disappointing work for a discounted fee. That is why it is so important to look for excellence at the start.
- Hope this helps but I know it's a hard time for you. Best wishes.