Results from Gynecomastia Surgery After 10 Days - Puffy Nipples? (photo)

I got surgery for gynecomastia (gland+lipo) 10 days ago. From day 2 the surgery my nipples started to get puffy again .It has been 10 after the surgery, my nipples are still puffy as they were before surgery, the doctor is saying that until 6 months it will not be flat and that the scares inside are making them puffy. he says he has removed all the gland . It is normal to have still nipples puffy s after gynecomastia surgery removal of gland tissue? Thank you.

10 Days Following Gynecomastia Surgery

Following surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Need time for puffy nipples to resolve

Need time for puffy nipples to resolve.  Many times puffy nipples in males is associated with gynecomastia. When the gynecomastia is corrected the nipples generally shrink down as well.  You should be evaluated by a plastic surgeon for this condition and to review treatment options.

Results from Gynecomastia Surgery After 10 Days - Puffy Nipples?

Yes it could be edema or swelling in the areolar areas. Allow a minimum of 3 months of healing time. Massages and external ultrasound therapy may help.