Its been 6 weeks since I had half a cc in my top lip and when I touch the inside of my lip there are bumps. Is that the Restylane? If not how do I make sure these bumps will go away and wont be permanent? I'm making myself sick over this. Also when this goes away will my lips look saggy or normal again? thanks so much!!!!
Bumps Insider Lip After Restylane
Doctor Answers 5
Bumps in lip after Restylane
Don't panic yourself. The bumps could very well be the Restylane and then will go away, although it could take a year or so. They can be flattened by injections of hyaluronidase. Sometimes people can develop distended salivary glands in the lip or mucoceles which can be unrelated to having had a filler. These are often temporary. If they are becoming visibly noticable or enlarging or painful then see your doctor.
Bumps after Restylane
Lip filler bumps is fairly common after filler. The bumps can occur early on and many settle down. Although massage after filler is considered a mainstay, beware that massage can drive the filler into another location if done too early.
Reasons for bumps after filler:
- Technique- Filler may have been used too superficially or wrong type of filler
- Mouth movements- In some patients their movements can promote the accumulation of bumps and an alternative technique can be advocated.
Treating lip filler bumps:
- Observation +/- massage- Should be done for almost all lip filler bumps for 2 weeks. For our patients we usually advocated massage after 48-72 hours to let the filler settle into place.
- Reversal- A reversal agent can be used such as Vitrase to dissolve the filler if there is a large obvious persistent bump
- Additional filler- An expert filler injector can used improved technique to mask the lip bumps.
The application of lip filler is very technical and should be done by an expert injector.
Bumps after restylane
The bumps may be small pockets of restylane that if yoiu noticed early could have been massaged to flatten. You can leave it alone and they will eventually go away or have hyaluronidase injected to melt it.
You might also like...
Restylane bumps can be treated.
If you can feel the bumps, but not see them, I would advise leaving them alone. They will go away in a few months. If not, they can be dissolved. And they can be prevented if you have future injections.