Restylane for Sunken Hollow Eyes (Male)?

Hello , I have attached a recent photo of myself , i have very sunken hollow eyes , these have gotten really bad over the past year. I am unrecognizable from a year ago , my eyes have been receeeding for years with pains. I have tight face / jawa muscles which are one factor.I also think I have low tissue volume under my eyes. but I always look tired even whn I am not. This is really distressing me so I was wondering what should I do regardinf this ..restylane under eyes ??

Doctor Answers 8

Sunken eyes and Restylane or Juvederm

Although the injections of Restylane or Juvederm may help the tear troughs fill out, I am concerned that you say your eyelids are giving you pain.  I would suggest you have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist prior to having any fillers injected.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

Hollow eyed appearance may be improved with restylane

Hollow eyed appearance may be improved with restylane. Often depression of cheeks contributes to a look of hollow eye and this is usually amenable to restylane treatment.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist
2.8 out of 5 stars 5 reviews


Rsetylane is great for the tear trough along the lower lid cheek junction and needs to be done every 6 months or so.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Restylane under the eyes

Hi there! Restylane is a filler which works really well to help the appearance of "bags under the eyes" and even dark circles. When injected in that area, it is called a tear trough injection. It is an area where the injector must be experienced and conservative with product but the end result can look great!

Amy A. McClung, MD
Austin Dermatologist

Restylane for Hollow (Sunken Eyes)?

Hi Chris.  Regardless of whether you are male or female, Restylane is a great solution for sunken or hollow eyes and dark circles.  The one caution is that you must find an experienced injector.  

This procedure, called a "tear trough injection" is one of the most unforgiving areas of the face.  The technique used should be "under the muscle" and the products should not include Perlane of Radiesse, but preferably Juvederm or Restylane.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

Restylane for Hollows Under the Eyes

Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm can be injected into the tear troughs and are a great solution for your problem. I also frequently use Radiesse in this area for an even longer lasting result. In this location, all of these products have to be injected deeply (just above the bone) for the best result. Please make sure you seek treatment from an experienced physician injector.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Lower eyelid hollows

You are a great candiate for lower eyelid (tear trough) filler injection.  You are young man with congential lower lid hollows, who does not need surgery and get very nice result with filler injection.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

Hollow under eye solutions.

Non surgical options include a variety of fillers.

In contrast to injectable fillers, fat grafting is a surgical alternative.


Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 81 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.