How Much Restylane or Juvederm Will I Need to Get my Lips Looking Like This?

I'm going to add a photo of the lips I want and a photo of the lips I have

It’s hard to tell how much Juvederm or Restylane is required for your lips without seeing them

It’s hard to tell how much Juvederm or Restylane is required for your lips without seeing them. You can’t plump up everyone’s lips to a certain standard because it depends on the shape of your individual lips as far as how much filler can be put in. We generally don’t want to put in too much Juvederm all at once because it can make lips look very un-natural. Sometimes what I’ll do is put in a vial of Juvederm, wait a month or more, and then do a second vial to build it up over time. But, keep in mind that if you have very thin lips, you’ll never achieve these very full lips because there’s not enough structure to support the volume.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

The ultimate shape of the lips after enhancement will depend on the shape of your own lips. One can enhance what you have but it is impossible to give you someone else's looks or LIPS

How much Restylane or Juvederm will I need to get my lips looking like this

Regarding : "How much Restylane or Juvederm will I need to get my lips looking like this?  I'm going to add a photo of the lips I want "

You did not add your picture. Without any idea of what your lips look like, it is impossible to answer your question.

ASSUMING they are average appearing lips, to turbo charge them to this pouty somewhat exaggerated look would require at least 2-3 syringes of Juvederm or Restylane.

Dr. Aldea

Two syringes of either restylane or juvederm will give full pouty lips.

Two syringes of either restylane or juvederm will give big pouty lips for around $550-600 per syringe.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Filler

Fillers such as Juvederm are used to add natural volume to thinner lips. Most patients respond very well with 1 syringe of Juvederm, however, some require more for their optimal lip volume and shape. Starting with a consultation with a qualified physician in your area is a great first step. All the best. 

Samuel Hetz, MSc, MD
Ottawa Physician

Lip Augmentation with Restylane

Thank you for your questions. Unfortunately it is difficult to tell you exactly the amount of fillers you need without seeing a photograph of your lips or an in-person evaluation. It depends on the actual shape of your lips and how much filler can be injected as too much filler can make your lips look unnatural. However, it is always better to start with a smaller amount to avoid unwanted results. Then you may have more injected if you think your lips do not match the ones that you desired. I recommend you see an experienced injector to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

How to Obtain Pouty Lips

Keeping the lips soft and supple while at the same time enhancing volume takes artistry!
I always tell my patients to not love their filler injections for 2 weeks. Swelling is very common and sometimes immediate. If your natural lip contour necessitated more than 1 syringe, I prefer to treat in increments of time -- maybe a 2nd syringe in a week following the first.  Lip borders, cupid's bows and lip fullness will usually require more than 1 syringe.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Juvederm for lips

Every patient's lips are different and it is hard to say how much you would need.  Usually I start off with one syringe. Sometimes a 2nd syringe is necessary.

Eventual lip size & shape depends on what you have, at baseline and how much and well it is augmented

In analyzing the photo submitted of your "desired result", the woman has a very full vermillion border (where lipstick is applied) but more importantly, her anatomical landmarks are attractive.  The central upper lip is remarkable for the "cupid's bow peak", which is very pronounced.  The central lower lip has two tubercles (bumps) which galvanize one's attention but apart from these, the volume is very smooth without any vertical lip lines apparent.  Apologies, but I couldn't review your actual photo so my guesstimate is predicated on limited data. 

Full lips occur most frequently in young individuals and ethnic (Asian, African and Latino) minorities.  The fullness of the lip in youth is due to the accumulation of fibrofatty tissue, which gradually dissipates with age.  Assuming you have a similar shape to the model, I would estimate that the effect could be produced with 2-3 syringes of either Restylane or Juvederm.  Maintenance of the desired effect will however require interval retreatment.  Remember, we are configured with the enzyme which breaks down hyaluronic acid, so your effect will need maintenance.  Good luck.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Restylane

Fillers are used to augment your lips only. They can not be used to alter the shpae or form of your lips.  They are used to enhance the shape and augment the volume of your lips.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS