Restylane after eye bag removal ...create another bags under the eye and wrinkles (photos)

This is my mom story before and after restylane...right now im just trying to find procedure that can correct the wrinkles line under the eyes and the bags that visible when smiling. I have suspicion that the filler moved to the area under the eyes..? The eye bags fats were removed from 3 points under the eyes with no visible stiches.. so these pictures were taken within jan 1 2013 to april 9th 2013. the doc opted for more filler, but since he did say that the fillers could last up to a year. im not sure if more filler will guarantee promising result. its just moving the problem into nearby areas ....:( Any opinion will be appreciated

Restylane after eyebag removal ...create other bags under the eye and wrinkles

There is a definite improvement in the eye bags, and I would just followup with your surgeon to ask for additional therapeutic modalities.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Restylane to lower lids

Based on the photo's you've provided your mother may benefit from some resurfacing to her lower lids. It is very difficult to determine without seeing her in person however.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

After a lower lid blepharoplasty

Thanks for your mother's photos.  I don't appreciate what the filler is being used for at this time.  All I can see are wrinkles on the lower lid that could easily be rectified with resurfacing with the most concerning caution being the potential for hypopigmentation down the road.  Fractional lasering should work well to improve the already good results.  The large bags are gone and the primary objective has been met.

Curtis Wong, MD

Aging eyes

Your mother had a very nice result with the removal of the lower eyelid fat. There does appear to be extra skin under each of the eyes, which can be modified, but she has a much more rested appearance. A newer technique at the time of fat removal is fat repositioning. This moves the orbital fat into regions that the filler was placed and offers a more long term result. Belotero is a newer (1 yr in USA) product that has longer results (1 years vs 6 months). Fat grafting to the face also allows for very natural results around the eyes and much more permanent results. When reviewing options for your mother it is important to review these questions with a provider who specializes in the treatment of the face, is well intimated with facial anatomy, and, simply stated, takes the face apart and puts it back together for a living.
Be healthy and be well,
James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

"eyebags" and Restylane

I think mom has had a wonderful result with her surgery and filler. It is possible that a small amount of filler in tear troughs would give her a little less hollowness but I think that the fine wrinkles might be what you are more concerned with. Someone that is very good with injecting thinned out filler might be able to help these some but something like laser resurfacing would be better

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Restylane under eyes

It is difficult for me to tell without seeing Mom before and after what exactly has occurred.  If you had bags before and the injections made it worse then my advice is to go and get hyaluronidase injected and have the Restylane removed.  It is very important to find an experienced board certified dermatologist for this and every cosmetic procedure on your face.  Please let me know what happens.