What's the best filler for a broken nose/dorsal hump?

I have a broken nose and my nose droops when I smile too. When I look at my profile I have a big bump too. What filler would be the best for my nose. I also want it to be permanent because I can't afford to be coming back every year or every 6 months

Doctor Answers 1

Rhinoplasty for a broken nose in the dorsal hump

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A surgical rhinoplasty is the best treatment for broken nose, a dorsal hump, and a droopy tip. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be surgically shaved down in order to remove it. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones will  allow re-breaking the nose bones and re- setting them straight. To   prevent the tip from drooping when smiling  requires releasing of the depressor septi ligament. Placement of  fillers for  a nonsurgical rhinoplasty is best addressed when there is a very, isolated small dent present that patients wish to augment. Trying to perform an entire rhinoplasty procedure with an injectable filler will simply not work, it is only temporary, is not FDA approved for that application, and can have significant complications such as skin necrosis. For best results, look for a surgeon  has extensive experience with surgical rhinoplasty

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 155 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.