Should I get a Tummy Tuck now, or lose 15 pounds first? (photos)

Hi evrybody!im 5"3 and weight166 i had the bbl last november and love my new curves!the problem is my stomach ugh!it looks so ugly compare to the rest of my body!it makes me get im gona get a tt the only thing not at the weight that i "feel"i should be.but people say i look great like im kinda confused?! should i get my tt at this weight or try to lose some 10 to 15 pounds first?i put pictures for you guys to see how i look right now.any feedback will be great!!:)

After BBL, Lose Weight Or Have A Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your photos, Bettyboop18. While I would normally agree with my colleagues who say that you should get down to your ideal weight before proceeding with a tummy tuck, I believe they are not taking into account the fact that you just had a Brazilian Butt Lift 8 months ago! 
This is a very important oversight, since it is reasonable that if you lose a noticeable amount of weight, you will also lose a noticeable amount of volume from your BBL. Whoever you consult for a tummy tuck, they should be  asking for your prior operative report, or at least ask you where the fat was harvested from, how stubborn those areas of fat were, how much fat was removed, AND how much was transferred to your butt. These are just some of the questions I would ask to make sure that we don't compromise your BBL results. 
That being said, your photos show that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck now, and that weight loss for you would be optional. Yes, normally you want to be at or near your goal weight before moving forward with a tummy tuck, but if there is a high risk of compromising your Brazilian Butt Lift results, I would not want you to lose any weight. An in-person tummy tuck evaluation AND review of your BBL operation by an experienced plastic surgeon is a must to determine your best course of action.I wish you the best!

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist and flanks would address your areas of concern. If you can get your weight as low as possible before surgery, the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lose the Weight!

Hello! Hate to say it, but you are overweight, even borderline obese! I would lose some weight if possible. 141 pounds is considered normal for you, so shoot for that.
Once your weight is closer to normal, your tummy looks as though it would benefit from liposuction, muscle tightening, and skin removal, exactly what a tummy tuck delivers.
Best of success in your preparation for surgery!

George Sanders, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thanks so much for posting your pictures and for your inquiry. It is always better to lose weight as much as possible prior any surgery in order to obtain the best results. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss before Tummy Tuck

Hello 'Bettyboop18', thanks for your question.  In general, the more weight you can lose prior to a tummy tuck surgery, the better the result.  If you lose weight after a tummy tuck, this can lead to more loose skin that could have been removed during the surgery.  Weight loss can also decrease your risk for surgical and anesthetic-related complications. Thus, I usually recommend my patients to lose as much weight as they can prior to undergoing a tummy tuck.  However, if patients have reached a road block and cannot lose any more weight, then it should be OK to proceed with surgery.  Be sure you seek a board-certified plastic surgeon for your surgery and good luck!

Tummy tuck and weight loss

Thank you for your question!  The best aesthetic outcome would certainly be obtained following the weight loss you described and possibly more to obtain optimal BMI (body mass index) that your surgeon recommends.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to help you through this process.

Christina Y. Ahn, MD

Should I get a Tummy Tuck now, or lose 15 pounds first

I think that if you lose the weight first that your end result will be superior to one if you have the tummy tuck at your present weight.

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy Tuck - Weight loss first?

Thank you for your question and photos. I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. If this is not possible, your BMI should be below 30 to minimize your risk of complications. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

Can you easily lose the weight

and keep it off?  If so, then always best to lose the weight first.  If not, then you can have the procedure on the assumption that you will maintain your weight so you can maintain your results long term.

Curtis Wong, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.
Best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon