Flakey unsmooth skin on face, after sclerotherapy around eyes, along with new pertruding veins.

I received a sclerotherapy treatment 3 weeks ago. I had the normal bruising and still have a little bit of discoloration. Since then, I've notices that my makeup does not lay flat on my skin in those areas, as if the skin is now flakey or uneven. Will this go away? Secondly, I now have 2 new protruding veins on my nose and the ones on my forehead are more noticeable. Could inject the two veins (one under each eye) create these new problems, as veins are all connected?

Correcting complications after eyelid sclerotherapy in Los Angeles

I have always favored selective microphlebectomy for eyelid veins and regularly treat complications of eyelid sclerotherapy in my Los Angeles vein center.

DR. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

DR. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Post sclerotherapy of under eye veins.

The flaking of your skin is most likely due to dryness following the sclerotherapy.  A topical moisturizing cream should resolve the flaking. The veins on your nose and forehead should have no relationship to the treated under eye veins.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Post sclerotherapy of under eye veins.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon