Can you please tell me the difference between butt implants and Brazilian butt lift?

Butt Implants vs BBL

Thanks for your question.  Brazilian Butt Lift does not any prosthetic material to augment the buttocks.  Typically, the procedure uses fat from other parts of the body like the abdomen, flanks, or back.  Whereas with buttock implants, you are putting in a prosthetic (or implant) which oftentimes are used for really thin patients who do not have much fat to liposuction.  I hope this helps.

Buttock implants vs Brazilian buttock lift

A Brazilian buttock lift involves liposuction to remove fat from certain areas of the body (abdomen/love handles) and then re-injecting that fat into the buttock to create a larger, better shape. A buttock implant is a device made of a firm silicone that is placed into the buttock to create a larger size. A consultation in person with an experienced plastic surgeon will help determine which procedure is best for you.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

BBL vs Implants

The Brazilian Butt Lift uses ones own fat transferred from an area such as abdomen or flanks through liposuction to enhance the buttocks. Silicone gluteal implants is the alternative method.  An in person exam will help determine your candidacy and based on your goals and result expectations which method would be ideal.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Butt Augmentation/ Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

The popular ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’ procedure is utilizes fat grafting to augment the curves of the gluteal region and accentuate the contour from lower back to buttocks. It is an excellent method for augmenting and lifting the buttocks and provides a beautiful, natural result. The procedure is performed by harvesting fat from unwanted areas of the body with liposuction and injecting it into buttocks. For individuals desiring a BBL but do not have enough fat available to be harvested, gluteal implants may be an excellent option for augmenting and enhancing the contour of the buttocks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

I will tell you with  years experience that implants will not give you a natural look and are up to 60% rejected from the body. Your own fat will be not rejected and give you that natural look and you will not loose the fat after your 6 months procedure. Butt implant is a silicone that gives a fake look.

A Brazilian butt lift is a procedure that takes fat from area ( Liposuction) and transfer to the buttocks and hips. Brazilian butt lift will give you a round,lifted, and natural look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Difference b/w a Butt Implant vs Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

Hi and great question; I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.
The terms can be confusing!  

Butt Implant:  An implant is utilized and placed into your butt to shape (Round/Bubble/Heart Shape) and give volume (pop) to your butt; sometimes this is combined with liposuction to help further sculpt your waist and increase the measurements to give you the hour glass shape.

Brazilian Butt Lift (abbreviated BBL):  Is a name for a combination procedure (similarly to how a mommy makeover refers to breast and tummy cosmetic surgery).  In a BBL the combination is liposuction of your torso to sculpt an hour glass.  Then, processing the fat removed and injecting that into your butt to help shape the butt and give volume (pop) to your butt.  Currently, the BBL is the gold standard for increasing and shaping the buttock.  However, not  everyone (the lucky few!) has enough fat to give enough volume and/or shape to the butt.  

So how do you choose?  This is your choice; but (no pun intended) it is a decision that should be made with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  A consultation is needed to examine the amount of fat that you have and to balance that with your goals.  I think another important point to make is that the volume (cc) transferred in fat is not the same as the volume (cc) in an implant.  Why?  Because the silicone in the implant provides significantly more lift.  Essentially 1cc of silicone implant is equal to 2-3cc of fat.  

Best of Luck,

Matthew J Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist
#RealSelfTopDoctor
#RealSelfCoreDoctor

Brazilian Butt Lift/Butt Implants/

Thank you for this common great question.

They are both methods to enhance the appearance of buttocks by adding volume.

With Butt Implants surgeon simply places an implant in each side.

Brazilian Butt lift refers to placing fat in the buttocks.  The surgeon performs liposuction and removes the unwanted fat from areas such as tummy, sides (love handles), back, bra roll area, thighs, and any area discussed during the consultation, then prepares the fat, and finally places the good quality fat in the buttocks in very selected areas.  These area are marked out precisely based on the patients anatomy.  fat transfer is done meticulously and you can control the placement and shape the buttock more accurately.

Both are accepted methods.  They have their pros and cons which during an in-office exam may be discussed.  Generally fat transfer to the buttocks is much more popular as breast implants on the other hand much more popular!

Make sure you have a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in this procedure. Check her/his experience, credentials, reviews, before and after photos, and have a quality consultation.

It is preferred for your surgeon to be member of "American Society of Plastic Surgeons" and ideally member of "American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery". This means they have been evaluated by the society and recognized that the focus of their practice is high volume and quality, honest aesthetic plastic surgery and they adhere to a code of ethics.

All my best,

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

BBL

The brazilian butt lift is performed with liposuction and the processing of your own fat which is then transferred with injections into the buttocks to improve their shape and vloume. The implants are silicone just like breast implants

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS