Juvederm and Botox injections in corner of mouth. Any suggestions?

I had juvaderm injected in the lower corners of my bottom lip and also Botox. This was over 1 month ago . I have difficulty eating and have small bumps on the inside of my lower lip and have a chin like Leno . I have returned back 3 times .. Nurse said that it will get better ??

Botox around mouth

This is an injection for the experts. It appears it wasn't done correctly. It will just have to wear off and things will get back to normal in about 3-4 months.

Juvederm and Botox into corners of mouth

Botox can be very tricky around the mouth.  While it can help to raise the corners to help the smile, if put too far medially it can affect the pucker muscle which makes it difficult to eat and drink.  This will improve as the botox wears off.
The Juvederm can sometimes be felt on the inside of the lid/mouth.  As long as you can't see a lump on the outside I would leave it alone.
Not sure why you would have a chin like Leno if everything was done close to the lip.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Injectable treatments around the mouth require utmost precision

Cjones-

When I treat the area around the mouth with Juvederm and Botox, I use small amounts and precise placement after viewing exactly where your muscles contract.  If your nurse is not able to correct your bumps and uneven movements, then I suggest seeing another provider.  The issues you are describing seem readily correctable.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and Botox in the mouth and problems

It sounds like both the Botox and Juvederm were injected incorrectly.  I would consult a board certified dermatologist to assess the situation to see how it can be fixed with Vitrase.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm and Lumps/Bumps and Lips

This area needs an expert for injection.  It is likely you need reversing of the filler, injection to reduce scarring, or surgery to remove the lumps.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.